Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: BOOM

Post by iaafan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 pm

So who’s better Rostad or Robison?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:39 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:04 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am
Reminds me of Dakota Prukop.

Fits Matt Miller's offense perfectly.

No offense Cataholic, but his film doesn't resemble TA's at all. Better passer, more wiggle to his run game, not near as much power/strength.

Awesome pickup! Kid looks like a good QB.
Has TA's speed (nice catch Cataholic) but Troy is just built differently as a QB and athlete (Troy is a natural OLB body-type). I've never seen a Montana kid be able to put his foot in the ground and accelerate north/south like Troy. It appears Shane has a little more wiggle and playing style similar to Dakota who I also thought of immediately while watching the film.
Hey Vim, Shane graduated a few years ago.

;)
Whoops...apologies to GRADY.
I thought you would blame it on Hawks86 for not putting Robison in the subject line! :wink:

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:45 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 pm
I think Carson has a little more arm talent and bulk. I give Grady the nod for athleticism and speed. Both need mechanics work but Carson is a little more refined in my opinion.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:21 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 pm
Give me full game tape and a week, and maybe I could give an answer. There's so many variables, in level of competition, level of teammates, eventual playing scheme.

I think both have the potential to be good college QB's. I personally prefer types like Rostad, I think he has more arm talent, but I think it's easier to win in college with a true dual threat, and winning is what matters.

Long story short, I have no clue.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Re: Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:57 am
[quote=VimSince03 post_id=665903 time=<a href="tel:1562346280">1562346280</a> user_id=21619]
[quote=bobcat99 post_id=665898 time=<a href="tel:1562345251">1562345251</a> user_id=16477]
Reminds me of Dakota Prukop.

Fits Matt Miller's offense perfectly.

No offense Cataholic, but his film doesn't resemble TA's at all. Better passer, more wiggle to his run game, not near as much power/strength.

Awesome pickup! Kid looks like a good QB.
Has TA's speed (nice catch Cataholic) but Troy is just built differently as a QB and athlete (Troy is a natural OLB body-type). I've never seen a Montana kid be able to put his foot in the ground and accelerate north/south like Troy. It appears Shane has a little more wiggle and playing style similar to Dakota who I also thought of immediately while watching the film.
[/quote]
All fair comments. I actually just didn’t even look at the tape. Just saw they measurables, especially the track performances with multiple state placings, and I immediately thought of TA.
[/quote]
Definitely some similarities with Prukop. Prukop had the best highlight tape in MSU history. It was all cataloged breaking out his plays into 3-4 categories. Very professional.

This guy plays 4A ball, the highest level in Washington. He’s got a long, but quick release, which is different.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Is he related to the Billings Robison's?

2024 Resume dominance

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm
Nope these Robinson's.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:57 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:26 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:10 pm
Nope these Robinson's.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_in_Space
Not if his name is ROBISON (without the N)

2024 Resume dominance

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am

Man, it would be sweet if he sticks.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am

RobertoGato wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:11 am
He’ll stick. It’s incredibly rare when someone doesn’t stick. Of all the recruits MSU has brought in since 2005, less than 3% have flipped. Off the top of my head, I don’t recall a QB that has ever de-committed from MSU or UM.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:36 am
RobertoGato wrote:
He’ll stick. It’s incredibly rare when someone doesn’t stick. Of all the recruits MSU has brought in since 2005, less than 3% have flipped. Off the top of my head, I don’t recall a QB that has ever de-committed from MSU or UM.
Yep, that should jinx it.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Kid is going to be a stud. Awesome commit to get this early.

Punters are people too!!

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 pm

The strong academic offerings will allow MSU to pick up some talented players. Coupled with the top level team being developed we will see more of this caliber of athlete wanting to be a BOBCAT!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:59 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:
:lol:
Actually I just get tired of people saying that every time someone they perceive to be good commits. Of all the people that have de-committed from MSU, can you name a few that kicked ass elsewhere? Usually when someone de-commits it’s an extenuating circumstance and not because they suddenly became too good for MSU or whatever school they originally committed to.

If I had the power to jinx things, I would know by now and I’d be out solving all the worlds problems. But you be sure to bookmark this and if it happens we can discuss my role.

toM StUber

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:15 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:59 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
RobertoGato wrote:
:lol:
Actually I just get tired of people saying that every time someone they perceive to be good commits. Of all the people that have de-committed from MSU, can you name a few that kicked ass elsewhere? Usually when someone de-commits it’s an extenuating circumstance and not because they suddenly became too good for MSU or whatever school they originally committed to.

If I had the power to jinx things, I would know by now and I’d be out solving all the worlds problems. But you be sure to bookmark this and if it happens we can discuss my role.
Haha, I was just kidding.. I agree with you, there's no reason to worry that he won't stick, especially 5 minutes after he commits.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:11 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:36 am
catatac wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:31 am
CelticCat wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am
3 star, offers from us and Northern Colorado.

Not sure if he projects at QB but if so it seems like Choate and crew can't make their mind up on what kind of QB they want.
Not sure I agree with that statement. If memory serves, I think the staff has always been clear about what they want in a QB. Needs to have a high football IQ so they make the right reads and know where to go with the ball, can deliver it accurately and on time, and of course can command the huddle and have the confidence of their team mates. Anything beyond that, rocket arm, can run, etc... would just be a bonus IMO.
Fair enough, I'll admit these days with what we've done at QB, whenever I see a QB recruit who can run the ball I assume he can't pass that well. I guess I'm jaded after Murray & Andersen at QB.
In all honestly I used to think Choate and company couldn't make up their mind too but that is changing. All of their QB recruits thus far are either a) Pro style (Bruggman, Rovig, Bauman) or dual threat hopefuls (Murray, Johnson, Beltran, and now Robison). Choate only needs a pro style QB to run the offense but why not get a dual threat if you can - makes perfect sense to me any more. There does seem to be a wave/trend of college ball going toward dual-threat QB's.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 am
Have no inside info, but I would have to think this kid is going to stay @ QB. I REALLY liked his tape, he is an athlete and can break the big run for sure but he has a pretty good arm and throws a nice ball.

https://t.co/cmjQRZ77qF -Junior year highlights

Definitely has some mechanics to clean up, but a few of his throws were off his back foot or with very little hip rotation/weight transfer and he still put some zip behind it which IMO shows he has some good arm strength (music to the "QB-needs-arm-strength" crowd's ears). He can push the ball downfield with just the flick of the wrist, when he gets some training from a college level QB coach and irons out some of his mechanics he has the potential to be VERY good.
Yeah, I see the footwork and "wind-up" delivery. But sometimes that's how the boat floats. I'd be careful with this kid. His arm speed is amazing and if he's delivers the ball on-time and on-target, I'd leave him be. You see an amazing array of deliveries in the NFL. A few are text book, most not.
I can see the footwork being cleaned up and this should be relatively easy.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:59 pm

RobertoGato wrote:
He's halfway through his summer before SR year, and the larger schools aren't recruiting him. Most schools, especially P5, have their QB board established by now. Summer camps are huge for QB's, so that he isn't getting those offers is telling. Just like with Jaharie, some schools have pretty strict size thresholds.

He might get a couple offers, or interest late in his season, but he'll stick. Rovig was about the same recruiting wise. Got interest from bigger schools late in the game, but he wanted to stick with MSU. Pretty common for QB's at this level.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm
RobertCats wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 am
Have no inside info, but I would have to think this kid is going to stay @ QB. I REALLY liked his tape, he is an athlete and can break the big run for sure but he has a pretty good arm and throws a nice ball.

https://t.co/cmjQRZ77qF -Junior year highlights

Definitely has some mechanics to clean up, but a few of his throws were off his back foot or with very little hip rotation/weight transfer and he still put some zip behind it which IMO shows he has some good arm strength (music to the "QB-needs-arm-strength" crowd's ears). He can push the ball downfield with just the flick of the wrist, when he gets some training from a college level QB coach and irons out some of his mechanics he has the potential to be VERY good.
Yeah, I see the footwork and "wind-up" delivery. But sometimes that's how the boat floats. I'd be careful with this kid. His arm speed is amazing and if he's delivers the ball on-time and on-target, I'd leave him be. You see an amazing array of deliveries in the NFL. A few are text book, most not.
I can see the footwork being cleaned up and this should be relatively easy.
Definitely needs footwork help, but I agree with you.

Tbh, MSU doesn't have anybody on the staff that should be doing a lot of work on QB mechanics. More liable to screw things up. Work on the little things, and that's about it, imo.

RobertoGato
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RobertoGato » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:34 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:59 pm
RobertoGato wrote:
He's halfway through his summer before SR year, and the larger schools aren't recruiting him. Most schools, especially P5, have their QB board established by now. Summer camps are huge for QB's, so that he isn't getting those offers is telling. Just like with Jaharie, some schools have pretty strict size thresholds.

He might get a couple offers, or interest late in his season, but he'll stick. Rovig was about the same recruiting wise. Got interest from bigger schools late in the game, but he wanted to stick with MSU. Pretty common for QB's at this level.
That's good to hear. I'm not all that well versed in the recruiting world at this level.