Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Grady Robison QB Eastlake WA commits

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:21 am

Last edited by Hawks86 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: BOOM

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:29 am

Looks like Class of 2020. 3 star. Runs a 10.92 in the 100. Reminds me of a kid from Dillon.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am

3 star, offers from us and Northern Colorado.

Not sure if he projects at QB but if so it seems like Choate and crew can't make their mind up on what kind of QB they want.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am

Reminds me of Dakota Prukop.

Fits Matt Miller's offense perfectly.

No offense Cataholic, but his film doesn't resemble TA's at all. Better passer, more wiggle to his run game, not near as much power/strength.

Awesome pickup! Kid looks like a good QB.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:50 am

Guys got wheels and a nice arm. Holy smokes.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 am

Have no inside info, but I would have to think this kid is going to stay @ QB. I REALLY liked his tape, he is an athlete and can break the big run for sure but he has a pretty good arm and throws a nice ball.

https://t.co/cmjQRZ77qF -Junior year highlights

Definitely has some mechanics to clean up, but a few of his throws were off his back foot or with very little hip rotation/weight transfer and he still put some zip behind it which IMO shows he has some good arm strength (music to the "QB-needs-arm-strength" crowd's ears). He can push the ball downfield with just the flick of the wrist, when he gets some training from a college level QB coach and irons out some of his mechanics he has the potential to be VERY good.
Last edited by RobertCats on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:01 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:47 am

No offense Cataholic, but his film doesn't resemble TA's at all. Better passer, more wiggle to his run game, not near as much power/strength.

I thought the EXACT same thing!! First person who came to my mind was DP. But I was hesitant posting it as others (you included) are more savvy breaking down recruits film than I am. I am glad you think so too!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:04 am

bobcat99 wrote:

Has TA's speed (nice catch Cataholic) but Troy is just built differently as a QB and athlete (Troy is a natural OLB body-type). I've never seen a Montana kid be able to put his foot in the ground and accelerate north/south like Troy. It appears Shane has a little more wiggle and playing style similar to Dakota who I also thought of immediately while watching the film.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:08 am

Not finding his season stats, but I’m more interested in how players do in big games.

Needing a win in the final regular season game to get in the playoffs, Robison was 16-26 176 yards two TDs and 19-93 and one rushing TD. Won 25-9.

In first round of the playoffs they lost to Gonzaga Prep 56-51, but Robinson threw for 313 and five TDs. Ran for 153 yards and one TD.

Finished the season 8-3.
Last edited by iaafan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:31 am

CelticCat wrote:

Not sure if he projects at QB but if so it seems like Choate and crew can't make their mind up on what kind of QB they want.
Not sure I agree with that statement. If memory serves, I think the staff has always been clear about what they want in a QB. Needs to have a high football IQ so they make the right reads and know where to go with the ball, can deliver it accurately and on time, and of course can command the huddle and have the confidence of their team mates. Anything beyond that, rocket arm, can run, etc... would just be a bonus IMO.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:36 am

catatac wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:31 am
CelticCat wrote:

Not sure I agree with that statement. If memory serves, I think the staff has always been clear about what they want in a QB. Needs to have a high football IQ so they make the right reads and know where to go with the ball, can deliver it accurately and on time, and of course can command the huddle and have the confidence of their team mates. Anything beyond that, rocket arm, can run, etc... would just be a bonus IMO.
Fair enough, I'll admit these days with what we've done at QB, whenever I see a QB recruit who can run the ball I assume he can't pass that well. I guess I'm jaded after Murray & Andersen at QB.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:38 am

CelticCat wrote:

I suspect Choate and the staff are just trying to find the best athletes possible and then figure later where to put them. That’s the formula Boise State, TCU, Baylor, et al. used to crash the BCS.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:52 am

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he ends up at MSU but he looks like an FBS QB and will likely get some MWC offers if not a few Pac12 offers like an Oregon State or Utah.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:57 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:04 am
bobcat99 wrote:

Has TA's speed (nice catch Cataholic) but Troy is just built differently as a QB and athlete (Troy is a natural OLB body-type). I've never seen a Montana kid be able to put his foot in the ground and accelerate north/south like Troy. It appears Shane has a little more wiggle and playing style similar to Dakota who I also thought of immediately while watching the film.
All fair comments. I actually just didn’t even look at the tape. Just saw they measurables, especially the track performances with multiple state placings, and I immediately thought of TA.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:01 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:52 am
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he ends up at MSU but he looks like an FBS QB and will likely get some MWC offers if not a few Pac12 offers like an Oregon State or Utah.
How awesome to get a verbal commitment so early from such a nice prospect! Our staff is clearly doing something right. Even if he changes his mind and ends up in the PAC 12, this type of commit this early helps attract other top level prospects.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:02 pm

PapaG wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:52 am
I had the same thought, but it's not unheard of for FCS programs to sign some fairly highly rated QBs. Let's not forget that Casey Bauman was the 44th rated pro-style QB according to 247 sports, which was the highest rated non Ivy League QB in FCS that year. The highest rated FCS dual threat QB was Trey Lance, #46, NDSU, who is likely to win the starting job this year.

Robison is sitting at #57 in the dual threat category.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Hey Vim, Shane graduated a few years ago.

;)

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:06 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Hey Vim, Shane graduated a few years ago.

;)
Whoops...apologies to GRADY.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm

I'd actually be surprised if he decommits. QB's rarely decommit compared to other positions.

It's nice to get a QB recruit at this time of the year. It helps with recruiting so much. Players are naturally driven to want to play with other good QB's. We saw it with Tucker Rovig too. Makes your skill position players feel secure in coming.