2019 MSU Recruiting (37 Signees)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: 2019 MSU Recruiting (17 Signees)

Post by Grizaddict » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:21 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 2:00 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:31 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:22 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:03 pm
utucats wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:53 pm
Sounds like Rocky’s All American DE Ryder Rice is considering a grad transfer to MSU. Cats have apparently expressed interest.
Interesting. Ryder is a nightmare to block as a pass rusher.
Some folks are saying Ryder is heading to Missoula as a Grad Transfer
Could be, but FWIW I see he was selected as a captain during spring ball at Rocky. I doubt MSU is still looking at him considering the players brought in since December 25.
Help me understand why being selected as a captain eliminates the ability to Grad Transfer? So an All American with the leadership skills and trust of his teammates, yep why would you want that right?
It doesn’t eliminate his ability to transfer, which is why I said “FWIW”.

Since he was shopping himself around way back in December and hasn’t selected a school and has been named a captain, it appears less likely that he’s looking. Which would be understandable.

If he’s still looking to transfer MSU or UM would be a good choice. I doubt MSU is still looking at him, but maybe they are. Who knows? But since the comments were on December 25 and MSU has picked up two quality DEs in the meantime, I would guess not.
The Ryder Rice transfer to UM is official.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:57 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:29 pm
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
utucats wrote:
Sounds like Rocky’s All American DE Ryder Rice is considering a grad transfer to MSU. Cats have apparently expressed interest.
Could be, but FWIW I see he was selected as a captain during spring ball at Rocky. I doubt MSU is still looking at him considering the players brought in since December 25.
Help me understand why being selected as a captain eliminates the ability to Grad Transfer? So an All American with the leadership skills and trust of his teammates, yep why would you want that right?

Since he was shopping himself around way back in December and hasn’t selected a school and has been named a captain, it appears less likely that he’s looking. Which would be understandable.

If he’s still looking to transfer MSU or UM would be a good choice. I doubt MSU is still looking at him, but maybe they are. Who knows? But since the comments were on December 25 and MSU has picked up two quality DEs in the meantime, I would guess not.
Another step toward NAIA! Great job👏👏👏

kwcat
Member # Retired

Re: 2019 MSU Recruiting (34 Signees)

Post by kwcat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:18 am

Ryder is a heck of an athlete. Had hoped to see him at UND or MSU. Will see how he does on the left side of the divide.

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:36 am

Rice is 6'6 220, better get to the buffet before September

Hauck is signing every 5'9 165 pound kid with a Montana birth certificate :oops:

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:48 am

Cataholic wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:57 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
utucats wrote:

Oh yay, the biggest hypocrite on BN. No one can ever speak negatively of a player remember. If so you trigger like a 4 year old girl. So why are you doing that now. Funny how you guys were excited he was going to be a Bobcat but now that he’s a Griz you can slam him. I’ll take an All American captain any day.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:22 am

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:48 am
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
utucats wrote:

Oh yay, the biggest hypocrite on BN. No one can ever speak negatively of a player remember. If so you trigger like a 4 year old girl. So why are you doing that now. Funny how you guys were excited he was going to be a Bobcat but now that he’s a Griz you can slam him. I’ll take an All American captain any day.
Hey adickto, he was slamming the Junior college, not the kid.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm

allcat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:22 am
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
utucats wrote:

Disagree, he’s saying because Rice is transferring in from Rocky Mountain that it makes UM closer to a naia program. That’s trashing Rice. All good though. I’d actually pay Rice $1000 to come off the edge at pissaholic and watch him literally live up to that name as he’d piss himself. I think 20 others here would offer that up too after what I’ve seen here the last couple days.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:17 pm
allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Disagree, he’s saying because Rice is transferring in from Rocky Mountain that it makes UM closer to a naia program. That’s trashing Rice. All good though. I’d actually pay Rice $1000 to come off the edge at pissaholic and watch him literally live up to that name as he’d piss himself. I think 20 others here would offer that up too after what I’ve seen here the last couple days.
Well your enrollment is closer to MSU Billings than MSU Bozeman so you are trending to NAIA. Great idea to go get players from NAIA schools! And you seem a little triggered Jizzaddict!!

Grizaddict

Post by Grizaddict » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

Well your enrollment is closer to MSU Billings than MSU Bozeman so you are trending to NAIA. Great idea to go get players from NAIA schools! And you seem a little triggered Jizzaddict!!
It’s been awesome seeing you get called out for being a triggered whiny bitch by MANY respected posters here lately. I got lots of PMs telling me that for a long time. Now it’s public as hell You’re not liked very much by your own fellow fans. Glorious.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:40 pm

You're both idiots. But at least one guy is on his own teams board. ****** for brains.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:05 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:40 pm
You're both idiots. But at least one guy is on his own teams board. ****** for brains.
Sort of like me having a bbq in my back yard with a group of acquaintances/co-workers and a guy from Spokane stops by to start arguing with us...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:37 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:05 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:40 pm
Sort of like me having a bbq in my back yard with a group of acquaintances/co-workers and a guy from Spokane stops by to start arguing with us...

:lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:

It’s been awesome seeing you get called out for being a triggered whiny bitch by MANY respected posters here lately. I got lots of PMs telling me that for a long time. Now it’s public as hell You’re not liked very much by your own fellow fans. Glorious.
I wasn’t going to respond, but seriously, are you 12?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:23 am

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Grizaddict wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
allcat wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:

I wasn’t going to respond, but seriously, are you 12?
I heard that your Mom wears army boots also.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat4LifeHouseDivided
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat4LifeHouseDivided » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 am

Enrolling at Ventura College?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:49 am

Damn. He was definitely one of the top guys in the late signing class.

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 am

This seems to be a trend with Choate’s recruiting classes. Definitely concerning. You have to be able to get them to camp and in the program.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:41 am

1984champ wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 am
This seems to be a trend with Choate’s recruiting classes. Definitely concerning. You have to be able to get them to camp and in the program.
So 247 had him as 2 star and only offer was from MSU... Was he full or partial scholarship offer? And with 34 signed and the twins back, was it attrition.

Not following to close how many lockers are filled, but we are recruiting talent and pushing players harder than I have seen at MSU in a while.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:02 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:41 am
1984champ wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:10 am
So 247 had him as 2 star and only offer was from MSU... Was he full or partial scholarship offer? And with 34 signed and the twins back, was it attrition.

Not following to close how many lockers are filled, but we are recruiting talent and pushing players harder than I have seen at MSU in a while.
Assuming he was either a walk on or was released from his letter of intent. I don’t think you can just go somewhere else unless you’re a walk on. If he was on scholarship, he’d have to be released. With the depth and youth at cornerback I don’t consider this a significant loss.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:11 am

Cat4LifeHouseDivided wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 am

Enrolling at Ventura College?

hmmm, well that blows.

kinda strange... I wonder if this was a choice on his part? An academic thing? or msu pulled the offer for some reason?...

I know that the coaches were VERY high on him, I remember choate saying that he had as much potential as anyone in this years class, and could have been an immediate contributor... :shrug:

FTG- GO CATS GO!