Facilities - Coach Choate

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Facilities - Coach Choate

Post by Montanabob » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:59 pm
I'm hoping for a gold rush announcement that the funding is in place. And a homecoming announcement that groundbreakings taking place on Monday

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Did ESPN in Missoula have Aaron Richards from Butte Central going to Bozeman?

The griz have signed several 5'9 165 pound Montana players, so if that's what winning the so called " in state battle" is then more power you. I believe there are life coaches and counselors available for people that are so emotionally attached to how many in state players are on the roster.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 pm

RIP to Quiet Phase jokes on Bobcat Nation - you lived a long and full life but we all must die at some point.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Good work Bobcat Nation! This will be a huge game changer.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm

YES!!! Let's all dig in and bring this home! Every $100 counts!

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:32 pm

As far as the actual building goes, does anyone know if the whole building is a part of this $18 million phase 1?

The renderings kind of look like two similar sized buildings connected by some windows. I could have sworn that when this plan first came out two years ago that it was mentioned that the second building closest to Kagy was a future expansion. But I haven’t been able to find anything about that again.

Edit: I think I answered my own question. According to this picture, the total structure in the end zone will be two separate phases.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:32 pm
As far as the actual building goes, does anyone know if the whole building is a part of this $18 million phase 1?

The renderings kind of look like two similar sized buildings connected by some windows. I could have sworn that when this plan first came out two years ago that it was mentioned that the second building closest to Kagy was a future expansion. But I haven’t been able to find anything about that again.

Edit: I think I answered my own question. According to this picture, the total structure in the end zone will be two separate phases.

This seems to indicate that it is both buildings and the End Zone - maybe? (sort of confusing): https://msubobcats.com/documents/2017/9 ... df?id=2687

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:

This seems to indicate that it is both buildings and the End Zone - maybe? (sort of confusing): https://msubobcats.com/documents/2017/9 ... df?id=2687
Based on the plans, both buildings are simply 1 complex so they both are included in the build.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

Just the highlighted building. The building along Kagy is a future expansion.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

The page labeled "Phase One" on the Facilities Plan website makes it pretty clear to me that the first construction will only be the part of the structure highlighted in blue on the image you posted, as well as the renovation of the existing football offices in the Fieldhouse into the new academic center. The North End Zone seating is listed on the website as Phase 2 of the Bobcat Stadium renovation, after Phase 1 which is the replacement of the east sideline structure. I believe the pictured extension of the Athletic Complex that's closer to Kagy is probably in reference to the "future additions could include..." section of the facilities plan.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/2017/9/20 ... spx?id=352

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:41 pm

The article says 320 people have donated. I think we can do much better than that. Is this something we are willing to invest in or do we just wait for others to get the job done?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:23 am

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 pm
MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

The page labeled "Phase One" on the Facilities Plan website makes it pretty clear to me that the first construction will only be the part of the structure highlighted in blue on the image you posted, as well as the renovation of the existing football offices in the Fieldhouse into the new academic center. The North End Zone seating is listed on the website as Phase 2 of the Bobcat Stadium renovation, after Phase 1 which is the replacement of the east sideline structure. I believe the pictured extension of the Athletic Complex that's closer to Kagy is probably in reference to the "future additions could include..." section of the facilities plan.

Makes sense, but based on the labeling of the drawings I saw the two buildings were listed as 1 structure. But 18 mill seemed a little light on the cost so that makes sense to me.

Pecos24
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Pecos24 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Time to sell your house and empty your savings!

Bill Zander
CS '93
AKA - "F'n sorry ass"

Catfanatic84

Post by Catfanatic84 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 am

imacat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:41 pm
The article says 320 people have donated. I think we can do much better than that. Is this something we are willing to invest in or do we just wait for others to get the job done?
It is surprising how few people give to a project like this considering the size of the fan base. Hope this pushes some folks to give what they can.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:40 am

Pecos24 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 am
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm
Time to sell your house and empty your savings!
Checking with wife...

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:23 am
MSU01 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

Makes sense, but based on the labeling of the drawings I saw the two buildings were listed as 1 structure. But 18 mill seemed a little light on the cost so that makes sense to me.
I also believe its just the building that is highlighted in blue. Some of the drawings that MSU has posted of the inside of the building are really impressive.

I dont see the 320 people donating as a big issue. Im really really impressed that MSU was able to raise that kind of money that quickly. Especially after the big education fundraiser the raised something like 300 mil. The article stated that there would be a big push to get the additional 1.5 mil needed. My mind immediately jumped to the small donation drive that was used to complete the south endzone. The biggest thing I remember was you could text some number and automatically donate $10 (I cant tell you how many cell phones of griz fans I stole at cat/griz that year while they were drunk and texted that number). I believe that was a huge money maker for that final push. Im assuming we will see something similar for this. Probably announced at Gold Rush. Hopefully meet the goal sometime mid season with construction starting just before Christmas after our semifinal win.

Does anybody know how this will make the stadium look? The more I thought about it I think the videoboard will be left exactly where its at right now. That leads to another question; do the two buildings (one is our game day lockeroom) stay in place until the seating in the north endzone is completed? My thoughts are that the new BAC building would sit back enough where those two existing buildings wouldnt necessarily have to be torn down right away. Thoughts???

Hating the griz since 02.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am

It’s the structure in blue. The structure will be around 37,000 square feet. It’s roughly 35x350 (12,250 sqft) each floor. The academic area in the fieldhouse is another 3,400 sqft.

The cost is $18 million. It has lots of extras, including a hydrotherapy area, which will set it apart from other similar facilities in the league.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:37 am

btribby wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 am
catsrback76 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

I also believe its just the building that is highlighted in blue. Some of the drawings that MSU has posted of the inside of the building are really impressive.

I dont see the 320 people donating as a big issue. Im really really impressed that MSU was able to raise that kind of money that quickly. Especially after the big education fundraiser the raised something like 300 mil. The article stated that there would be a big push to get the additional 1.5 mil needed. My mind immediately jumped to the small donation drive that was used to complete the south endzone. The biggest thing I remember was you could text some number and automatically donate $10 (I cant tell you how many cell phones of griz fans I stole at cat/griz that year while they were drunk and texted that number). I believe that was a huge money maker for that final push. Im assuming we will see something similar for this. Probably announced at Gold Rush. Hopefully meet the goal sometime mid season with construction starting just before Christmas after our semifinal win.

Does anybody know how this will make the stadium look? The more I thought about it I think the videoboard will be left exactly where its at right now. That leads to another question; do the two buildings (one is our game day lockeroom) stay in place until the seating in the north endzone is completed? My thoughts are that the new BAC building would sit back enough where those two existing buildings wouldnt necessarily have to be torn down right away. Thoughts???
I think you are correct. my understanding (from reading stuff and the pictures) is that the current locker rooms would be replaced with endzone seating at some point.

so the NEW locker rooms would be in place by the time the current locker rooms are ready to be torn down.... that would make sense to me anyway.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:41 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:37 am
btribby wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:01 am
catsrback76 wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Catsrgrood wrote:

I think you are correct. my understanding (from reading stuff and the pictures) is that the current locker rooms would be replaced with endzone seating at some point.

so the NEW locker rooms would be in place by the time the current locker rooms are ready to be torn down.... that would make sense to me anyway.
Those aren’t locker rooms. One is just a place for MSU’s players/coaches to go for pregame and halftime. The other used to serve the same purpose for the visiting team and is currently used for post game press conferences. They’ll probably come down as soon as the season is over.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:08 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 am
imacat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:41 pm
It is surprising how few people give to a project like this considering the size of the fan base. Hope this pushes some folks to give what they can.
I feel like this is pretty typical for this kind of effort. It was discussed at length on this board but it appears their strategy was to go after the whales first. Get the brunt of the money. Make an announcement in the summer that only another million or so is needed. This figure is much more realistic for the average donor. Suddenly your few hundred bucks, 500, even a 1000 seems much more likely to help.

I agree with the poster who expects an announcement or two within the season and I expect ground to be broken soon.

Great effort by all.