Cats WBB

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Cats WBB

Post by Catlady » Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm

It’s going to be an interesting season. I think we’ll win the conference, but I struggle with losing so many players for reasons other than graduation. I applaud coach for making the tough decisions. I just hope that they’re the right ones.

I like they way we fought at the end of the season without Lundberg and the fact that we pounded opponents with Smith and Braxton. The question is can Martell find her shot? Also can Squires cutdown on the turnovers? I think we win the title if we focus on defense and get our best players on the court.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon May 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Catlady wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm
It’s going to be an interesting season. I think we’ll win the conference, but I struggle with losing so many players for reasons other than graduation. I applaud coach for making the tough decisions. I just hope that they’re the right ones.

I like they way we fought at the end of the season without Lundberg and the fact that we pounded opponents with Smith and Braxton. The question is can Martell find her shot? Also can Squires cutdown on the turnovers? I think we win the title if we focus on defense and get our best players on the court.
Have to agree 100%... I always wonder about those leaving but agree these issues happen all the time.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm

I think we lost our defensive intensity with the departure of Coach Harris. Here’s hoping we figure it out next season. Maybe spend some time this summer learning how to close out on 3pt shooters. I’m also hoping we do some recruiting of post players. Losing our two post after next season. I still say we have a log jam at the 4 and 5 spot next season. If I remember Freije from her days at North Dakota she’s a 4. Excited about Freije, Braxton and Smith. I think we’ll pound some teams next year. I agree Martell is a question mark, but if she’s on, we will have a great season. Squires and Kunderer should have significant impact on offense. No way anyone can double team them with our inside strength.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Tue May 14, 2019 4:38 pm

A nice Mother's Day tribute from Bobcat athletes.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue May 14, 2019 4:43 pm

That is cool, but I wish they would have put their name and sport on the video.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:46 pm

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Wed May 15, 2019 5:50 pm

Welcome Skye Lindsay!!!! GO CATS!!!!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Sweet! Finally payback for Shann Ferch-who left us in a lurch for Pepperdine all those many years ago.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri May 17, 2019 9:38 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:16 pm
Sweet! Finally payback for Shann Ferch-who left us in a lurch for Pepperdine all those many years ago.
And Mike Erickson before that!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 am

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Ilikecats » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am

Ok..... nice to see, but can she handle the ball? Play defense? Make her teammates better? I love seeing I’m working so hard tweets, let’s see what she can do against other D1 players! I’m hoping she’s going to be great, but I’m not going to declare her the chosen one until I see her compete! It’s a lot different shooting the three when you have 6 footers closing out on you. Ask Martell!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 pm

Ilikecats wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am
Ok..... nice to see, but can she handle the ball? Play defense? Make her teammates better? I love seeing I’m working so hard tweets, let’s see what she can do against other D1 players! I’m hoping she’s going to be great, but I’m not going to declare her the chosen one until I see her compete! It’s a lot different shooting the three when you have 6 footers closing out on you. Ask Martell!
Who the ****** said she was the chosen one! Yes I am impressed with how hard she continue's to work on her game, when other D-1 signees are content to rest on the past accomplishments before getting their socks blown off of themselves when they arrive on campus. Darian White is a gym rat, she loves putting in the time to make her self better and that type of attitude is an asset to a team. Yes though if she wants to make it in D1 ball she is going to have bring a lot more to the table/court if she is to help the Bobcats immediately. There is a spot open for her, in the rotation but she will need to beat out quite a few other players.

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:03 pm

mslacat wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:53 pm
Ilikecats wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am
Who the ****** said she was the chosen one! Yes I am impressed with how hard she continue's to work on her game, when other D-1 signees are content to rest on the past accomplishments before getting their socks blown off of themselves when they arrive on campus. Darian White is a gym rat, she loves putting in the time to make her self better and that type of attitude is an asset to a team. Yes though if she wants to make it in D1 ball she is going to have bring a lot more to the table/court if she is to help the Bobcats immediately. There is a spot open for her, in the rotation but she will need to beat out quite a few other players.
Thanks mslacat as your comments on some of the recruits has been excellent. I recall the media link you sent on Darian. She certainly comes from a background of life struggles which she has overcome and from a history of toughness and leadership in one of the top basketball programs in the state of Idaho.

I like to see kids come in with the right attitude. It is always difficult to judge that mental toughness until the kids get to competing at the upper level and stick to it for a year or two. Some kids just have it and keep working at it to get better and at least from what she is showing so far she seems to have it. Only time will tell.

Not many kids come in as freshman and are able to achieve brilliance. They are usually adjusting to the speed, physicality and tempo of the game. The upper classmen remain the leaders and set the culture, attitude and work ethic of the team. There are exceptions for freshmen leadership but they are rare. You don’t walk onto the court as a freshman and take over leadership of a team....usually that leadership shows up about the junior year. I frequently hear about how a freshman is no good or hear critical comments about their performance and I remind folks she or he is just a freshman....give em a break... they are showing they will contribute. An example I always remind folks of is Peyton Ferris....I don’t think anyone would argue with the toughness of that lady (multiple knee surgeries/small school background) and her ultimate performance as a Bobcat. I always ask folks... “well how did Peyton do as a freshman and would you have kept her on the team”???? So most folks don’t recall that as a freshman Peyton played only 11 min per game, averaged 2.4 points, shot 15% from 3 range and only 48% from the free throw line!!! She was marginally better as a sophomore. So I ask again “would you have even kept her on the team”???? But as a junior and senior she emerged as one of the all time greats.

I like what I see with the work ethic on Darian and hope she sticks with it!! As previously noted, time will tell but I remain optimistic. Thanks for sharing.

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Mslacat.......I agree, but want to see more than shooting. Every recruit is in the gym right now working on their game. Would’ve been fun to see how many she hit out of 10. No one films the shots were they miss! 😂

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Catlady wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:11 pm
Mslacat.......I agree, but want to see more than shooting. Every recruit is in the gym right now working on their game. Would’ve been fun to see how many she hit out of 10. No one films the shots were they miss! 😂
Maybe this is the part of her game she needs to work on the most. She was 13/14.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:18 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:21 pm

Binford boomed on Twitter about 45 minutes ago.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Lexi Deden has committed out of MISOULA sentinel

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/bask ... 7cc0e.html

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:18 pm

The article says Lexi is going to major in engineering. Great for her!!! Binford has had a number of players who have successfully done that. MSU’s Engineering Department is very highly regarded nationally.