Selection Committee

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Selection Committee

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:05 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:28 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Nope. Alumni and past player. He never got a call to say "I can't be on the committee, but I'll help." Leon is a little chickin ass bitch. He's afraid of anyone who knows anything more then him. It's just the truth. Don't give two gobs of goat ****** who doesn't believes me.
Wow. Take it easy. Nobody said they don’t believe you, I’m quite certain you’re right that Leon didn’t contact Nico. He probably didn’t contact Hatler, Quadre, or a bunch of other former players either. I don’t exactly understand how that makes him a “bitch” or anything else. You’ve had a personal beef with him since he came to MSU, and like I said, I’ve never met the guy so I don’t like him or hate him. I’m still in the wait-and-see mode in how I feel about him, because he still hasn’t had anything like this come up under his tenure yet. Did his dog take a sh*t on your lawn or something?
Are you on dope? Nico is VP of Nike basketball operations. Are you on Fuc-ing drugs? Do you have a f'in clue? Is it drugs son or are you a ​?
Wow.....just wow. I can think of nothing else to say.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:07 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Nope. Alumni and past player. He never got a call to say "I can't be on the committee, but I'll help." Leon is a little chickin ass bitch. He's afraid of anyone who knows anything more then him. It's just the truth. Don't give two gobs of goat ****** who doesn't believes me.
Wow. Take it easy. Nobody said they don’t believe you, I’m quite certain you’re right that Leon didn’t contact Nico. He probably didn’t contact Hatler, Quadre, or a bunch of other former players either. I don’t exactly understand how that makes him a “bitch” or anything else. You’ve had a personal beef with him since he came to MSU, and like I said, I’ve never met the guy so I don’t like him or hate him. I’m still in the wait-and-see mode in how I feel about him, because he still hasn’t had anything like this come up under his tenure yet. Did his dog take a sh*t on your lawn or something?
Are you on dope? Nico is VP of Nike basketball operations. Are you on Fuc-ing drugs? Do you have a f'in clue? Is it drugs son or are you a ​?
So what? I don't worship at the almighty altar of Nike. Like I've said multiple times, and without the ridiculous insults and language, I would have been excited to see Nico on there. But I don't really care that he's not, either. I haven't seen anything that says he's kept in close contact with MSU Athletics since his playing days were over, so why should we think he's any more qualified than any of these people to help choose who leads MSU going forward? I'm sure he knows an awful lot of people, but that's pretty far down my list of what would qualify him to be on this panel. And again, his job with Nike may actually have played a significant part in him NOT getting a phone call, and I personally think that's fair.

GO CATS GO!!!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
PHAT CAT wrote:
Phat Cat is a cancer on this board. What does it take for him to be banned? And be careful folks, he will turn in his season tickets if he does not get his way.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 am
Stu is the only one who knows jack. They never even got a hold of Nico. But what would the VP of basketball operations for Nike know about coaches out there. What a f'in joke. Leon is a dip ******.

At least he got the the ball rollin in the right direction.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Is it at all possible that the VP of Basketball Operations for Nike is a bit too busy being the *checks notes* VP of Basketball Operations for Nike to drop everything for a few weeks and fly to Bozeman to come serve on MSU's search committee?

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:06 am

Is it possible for a fan (and in all probabilty a former player) to be allowed the opportunity to voice their displeasure with the coaches and administrators at MSU without all the MSU employees and other suckups jump down their throats for stating the obvious? I mean, come on, the overall MSU athletic program has been on a downward trajectory for over twenty years no matter what all the Ash and Fields apologists state. Hell, some of the posters on here are hoping we have an Idaho kid start at quarterback over a Montana kid that's how far our program has fallen for Christs sake! Get a grip and let somebody bitch about the paid psuedo professionals doing a ****** job and still getting paid for subpar performance! All you ****** who work for the school quit making excuses as to why he can't raise money and why our teams suck.

Administrators win championships, not coaches. Ask Calipari.

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:55 am

Ahh yes, and now Cat Grad has to jump into the fray since apparently his meds wore off a little early this morning. And, as usual, I feel vindicated when he takes the other side as mine. You’ve got one crazy lunatic hanging on by a very thin thread and a crazy old windbag who can’t seem to get his dosage right on one side, and everyone else on the other side. But we’re the assholes. Ok, got it.

MSU Athletics has not been “going downhill” for the last 20 years. For someone who claims to be such a brilliant historian, I’d think you would know that. As a general athletic department, MSU is in a much better place than it was 20 years ago. Obviously, one thing we can all agree on is that we’d like to see it continue to improve even more. Our basketball program (at least the men’s side), I agree that it’s not any better and may even be worse. I’m not trying to be a Leon apologist, as I don’t know him and have never met him, but just being a voice of reason here - he hasn’t had anything to do with where our athletic program has come over the past 20 years, nor the state of our men’s basketball program. He’s only been at MSU a couple years. God forbid he doesn’t hire Sprinkle, the backlash could be awful - and I know and like Danny, and I think he’s an excellent candidate, but I also realize the people who make these decisions know a whole lot more than I do about the process, so I’ll trust them to hire who they deem best and keep an open mind. If the results aren’t good, I’ll probably join the anti-Leon bandwagon, but give the guy a chance! I’m also not going to string him up for not magically pulling 20 million dollars out of a hat overnight. Maybe if I had been the person who donated $2 million, I’d have more of a right to be antsy, but just because I want it doesn’t mean it’s his fault that we aren’t putting shovels in the ground tomorrow. Good hell.

GO CATS GO!!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 am

This is proving to be quite the thread. Good lord...

It’s like recess at warm springs.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:56 am

I took a look at the selection committee and think that it is a fairly good grouping of people who can find and vet good candidates for our men's coach. No doubt there are a number of other folks with an MSU history and high caliber character and knowledge that could certainly be a plus to the committee. Niko would be one of them. However no one, on or off the committee, holds some kind of magic silver bullet that would get us any coach that we can't get with the committee and process that is in place. If only it were so clear and simple.

The AD could have done worse in placing people on the committee. Imagine how sideways things could go if he had put someone on who conducts himself in such a caustic manner that he renders himself totally ineffective. Fat chance that there's anyone around here like that though. :roll:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:05 am

mslacatfan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 pm

mslacatfan wrote:

If I steal this and use it in my every day convos do I have to cite you as my source every time or just once at the beginning?
Last edited by RobertCats on Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:33 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:09 pm
mslacatfan wrote:

If I still this and use it in my every day convos do I have to cite you as my source every time or just once at the beginning?
Hahaha

Definitely one of my favorite sayings

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:55 am
Ahh yes, and now Cat Grad has to jump into the fray since apparently his meds wore off a little early this morning. And, as usual, I feel vindicated when he takes the other side as mine. You’ve got one crazy lunatic hanging on by a very thin thread and a crazy old windbag who can’t seem to get his dosage right on one side, and everyone else on the other side. But we’re the assholes. Ok, got it.

MSU Athletics has not been “going downhill” for the last 20 years. For someone who claims to be such a brilliant historian, I’d think you would know that. As a general athletic department, MSU is in a much better place than it was 20 years ago. Obviously, one thing we can all agree on is that we’d like to see it continue to improve even more. Our basketball program (at least the men’s side), I agree that it’s not any better and may even be worse. I’m not trying to be a Leon apologist, as I don’t know him and have never met him, but just being a voice of reason here - he hasn’t had anything to do with where our athletic program has come over the past 20 years, nor the state of our men’s basketball program. He’s only been at MSU a couple years. God forbid he doesn’t hire Sprinkle, the backlash could be awful - and I know and like Danny, and I think he’s an excellent candidate, but I also realize the people who make these decisions know a whole lot more than I do about the process, so I’ll trust them to hire who they deem best and keep an open mind. If the results aren’t good, I’ll probably join the anti-Leon bandwagon, but give the guy a chance! I’m also not going to string him up for not magically pulling 20 million dollars out of a hat overnight. Maybe if I had been the person who donated $2 million, I’d have more of a right to be antsy, but just because I want it doesn’t mean it’s his fault that we aren’t putting shovels in the ground tomorrow. Good hell.
You really need to get a life. Really. Hell, Boise (Meridian even), Idaho Falls and even Twin Falls have all left our home behind. But, the general thoughts being expressed here has to do with how pitiful this athletic department had become, comparatively and relatively speaking. Phat Cat pointed a few issues out and all the dips had to attack him. Get a life and learn to let facts and data lend credence to your position or STFU. MSU is in a ****** conference and the entire athletic program, top to bottom, sucks. Look at the facts before you run you mouth on a keyboard, okay?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm
Get a life and learn to let facts and data lend credence to your position or STFU. MSU is in a ****** conference and the entire athletic program, top to bottom, sucks. Look at the facts before you run you mouth on a keyboard, okay?
I don't see any facts or data in your response.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Okay, I'll play. What is our football team's record the last five years? What is our basketball team(s) records the last twenty years? How many NCAA tournament games has a conference team won in the last 20 years (in basketball?).

Let a poster, Phat Cat, express his opinion without all you Bozeangeles Chickenhawks apologizing for the continual and downward spiral of the MSU Athletic Department. And screw bozo high school while you're at it...freaken transplants...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:02 pm
Okay, I'll play. What is our football team's record the last five years? What is our basketball team(s) records the last twenty years? How many NCAA tournament games has a conference team won in the last 20 years (in basketball?).

Let a poster, Phat Cat, express his opinion without all you Bozeangeles Chickenhawks apologizing for the continual and downward spiral of the MSU Athletic Department. And screw bozo high school while you're at it...freaken transplants...
I still don't see any facts. Good old Bozeman High at least taught me how to have an opinion or debate without being a dick.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 pm
Cat Grad wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:02 pm

I still don't see any facts. Good old Bozeman High at least taught me how to have an opinion or debate without being a dick.
You're in denial. Go get your participation ribbon. ...and you are a dick...

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:49 pm

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:45 pm

Cue the Cat Grad meltdown...

GO CATS GO!!!