WBB vs Idaho

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Basketball here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Ilikecats
BobcatNation Letterman

WBB vs Idaho

Post by Ilikecats » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Great game for us to continue our defensive focus! If there’s any game that we need to focus on covering the 3 pt shot this is it!
Is Lundberg back in the line up? I’d like to see Mocchi or Hilborn get the defensive on Pierce. She scorched us in Bozeman. I think she hit 9 3’s. This should be an easy scouting report. Just contain (not stop) Pierce and Ferenz.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: WBB vs Idaho

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Tough one-lost 90-65. Idaho had two players in the double figures...guess who.
Saw Claire Lundberg walking toward the Fieldhouse wearing a knee brace-no crutches. Haven't heard her status for playing any future games.

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Did this blowout to Idaho surprise anyone? Is there a more enigmatic or inconsistent team in the Big Sky than MSU?

So Idaho set a school record with 20 three-pointers made. What does that tell you? It tells me that the players quit.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:00 pm

The good news is they are due for a good game....just in time because they host Idaho State, their nemesis, Thursday night.

2024 Resume dominance

Catlady
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Catlady » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:03 am

Defense has got to be the mantra for this team. I love Martell, but thought we should’ve started Mocchi or Hilborn yesterday. Binford seems to focus on offense, but defensively we were getting our butts kicked.
I think it’s time to try some new things the remainder of the season. We don’t have run and shoot talent, let’s focus on the same style of play we brought to EWU. Also 3 games in one week is tough and our players seemed tired. I think Wright is going to be good for us, but why can’t she make lay ups?
I still think we have to figure out how to get Smith and Braxton on the court at the same time. I’m not sure if this is going to improve next year!