New BZN High school concept

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

New BZN High school concept

Post by ADOKmt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Mocked these up with a friend. We preferred "Yellowstone High School", but looking at the regulations it technically interferes with a "local school", West Yellowstone. So to keep the theme, we switched the School name to Lewis & Clark High School. Either the Expeditioners or the Scouts. Explorers was another option.

Colors are the colors of the famous Pendleton Yellowstone Blanket. Predominantly blue and gold as a shoutout to the Cats, with some maroon for statewide peace :D The logo is the Lewis & Clark trail image, and the sleeve stripe detail is actually the route of Lewis & Clark's expedition.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: New BZN High school concept

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:06 pm

That's pretty sweet. I don't think it will be Lewis and Clark-too confusing with Lewis and Clark County-Helena. Maybe it should be just Clark. After-all on their return to St. Louis in 1806 Lewis and Clark split up. It was William Clark and his team that passed through the Gallatin Valley-probably not too far from where the new high school is being built.
A lot people think it should be Bridger High School, not realizing that there is already a Bridger High School in Montana.
As far as nicknames-I hope they come up with something unique. The Gallatin Valley has some pretty boring high school nicknames-Hawks, Panthers, Tigers, Wolves, Eagles-nothing too imaginative there. But to work-I think at most a nickname should only have two syllables. One syllable is better.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:59 am

I am all for Gallatin High School. Before Bozeman Senior High was built, the Willson school on Main St. was Gallatin County HS. Forward to the past :D
I like the suggested nicknames above.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Not certain what Gallatin Gateway's mascot was but as I recall, that's where Gary Cooper graduated from high school after he was expelled from the Helena high school. Somebody who graduated from Belgrade High School probably doesn't really care what Bozeangeles calls their mascot...Transplants would probably be fitting...

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

Gallatin High Cutthroats. It's better than Muskrats. Transplants would confuse people unless you change it to "Charmin raised transplants"..... :-^

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

catpound
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by catpound » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 pm

Mountaineers

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Apparently, it's OK for Montanans to move out of state without judgment, but god forbid anyone from out-of-state moves to Montana looking for a different/better life. Especially if they're from California. :roll:

Pretty common sentiment I hear all the time, here in Idaho as well. Personally, the whole thought disgusts me. Way to make people who are giving up a whole entire lifestyle to move to a new and probably kind of scary place feel REALLY welcome in their new home. And you wonder why they don't always want to assimilate immediately. It's weird, I don't get the same reaction when I tell people that I'm not from Idaho, but grew up in Montana. It's kind of like, "oh, well if you're from Montana, it's okay - just as long as you're not another damn Californian." I moved here just the same as someone from anywhere else, what does it matter where my parents raised me? We lament the way home prices increase and traffic gets worse, but don't have any complaints when we sell our houses for huge profits and have more restaurants and things to do that the increased population brings with it.

I welcome people who move to my home area, because I appreciate the variety and diversity they bring to a very homogenized area, and because it is recognition that I live in a pretty darn cool place. Why WOULDN'T people want to move here?

Rant aside, I agree that the mascots in the greater Bozeman area leave a lot to be desired. But you gotta come up with something cool and intimidating. Cutthroats are cool and all, but fish don't generally inspire fear. A lot probably depends on what the name of the school ends up being, as it's often a play on the school name (same first letter, etc.). Obviously, Grizzlies is out, but the general idea of something along those lines is pretty cool.

GO CATS GO!!!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Maybe they should re-name the old high school Gallatin High and the new school something else...Valley High (doesn't every metro area have a Valley High?).

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:27 pm

As far as mascots: How about the Skiers? Or Anglers.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:27 pm
I love Anglers. You could probably get a sweet fly logo.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:45 pm

How about the Ridge High Runners? I kinda like that one.

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm

I really like Pronghorns as a nickname too. It is unique, pertinent to the area, and you could do some cool logos with it, or even rip off the Rams throwbacks, but use Pronghorn horns instead of Rams horns on the helmet.

ADOKmt
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by ADOKmt » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:50 pm

ADOKmt wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:25 pm
I really like Pronghorns as a nickname too. It is unique, pertinent to the area, and you could do some cool logos with it, or even rip off the Rams throwbacks, but use Pronghorn horns instead of Rams horns on the helmet.
Simple ripoff of the Bucks logo would work well... Could even name the school Madison and the M in the logo for Milwaukee works too lol

Image Image

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:32 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:27 pm
Floaters. :lol:
(I'm a summer guy.)

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:57 pm

Dragon Slayers. When I think of a dragon slayer I think of Bozeman.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:28 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Call it what the picture suggests: Future Bozeman High School; mascots George, Jane, Judy, Elroy, and Astro Jetson; colors sky blue and stainless steel.

Colors are derived from the mascot, which is derived from the name of the school. Is anybody in charge there? The cart is in front of the horse.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:11 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm
Call it what the picture suggests: Future Bozeman High School; mascots George, Jane, Judy, Elroy, and Astro Jetson; colors sky blue and stainless steel.

Colors are derived from the mascot, which is derived from the name of the school. Is anybody in charge there? The cart is in front of the horse.
Once the name is chosen, the new high school’s mascot and colors will be chosen.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:57 pm

The final contenders are Bozeman Spanish Peaks High School, Bozeman Storm Castle High School and Bozeman Westslope High School.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Okay, what is the storm castle name about?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic