Winter questions/rumors/info.

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Re: Winter questions/rumors/info.

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Do the typical transfer rules apply to PWO's?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Do the typical transfer rules apply to PWO's?
If you aren't getting any sort of scholarship money, I don't believe so. But I really have no idea.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Chris will have to earn his way back. Sparaco and Barkley are two examples the transfer process not working based off expectations the transfers had coming into the program.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Feel for Balue and Tyler. When fully healthy, they are excellent football players.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Feel for Balue and Tyler. When fully healthy, they are excellent football players.
Losing Balue is huge kid was a great ball hawk, i feel bad for Tyler too, but we knew about him less than halfway through the season...

For the love of god tell me Hill will be back next year.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:21 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

Losing Balue is huge kid was a great ball hawk, i feel bad for Tyler too, but we knew about him less than halfway through the season...

Hill is back...he played the full game against NDSU. And Balue's loss specifically hurts quality LB depth and special teams but overall MSU has pretty good stable of young linebackers ready to roll next year. Chad Kanow, Tadan Gilman, Nolan Askelson, Daniel Hardy, Callahn O'Reilly, Sal Aguilar, Jory Choate, and transfer Blake Flovin will all battle for playing time along Josh Hill and Michael Jobman.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Chris will have to earn his way back. Sparaco and Barkley are two examples the transfer process not working based off expectations the transfers had coming into the program.
yup... seems to happen more times than not with dropdowns/transfers.

definitely a bummer about Balue, but not surprising I guess, I was really hoping he could get past the injury bug.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:24 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Hill is back...he played the full game against NDSU. And Balue's loss specifically hurts quality LB depth and special teams but overall MSU has pretty good stable of young linebackers ready to roll next year. Chad Kanow, Tadan Gilman, Nolan Askelson, Daniel Hardy, Callahn O'Reilly, Sal Aguilar, Jory Choate, and transfer Blake Flovin will all battle for playing time along Josh Hill and Michael Jobman.
There’s been speculation maybe Hadley moves to TE this year. I noticed you didn’t include him here but I know that wasn’t necessarily a full list of all LB’s. Still think that he may move positions?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

There’s been speculation maybe Hadley moves to TE this year. I noticed you didn’t include him here but I know that wasn’t necessarily a full list of all LB’s. Still think that he may move positions?
Shoot. Forgot Jacob. Yes he is still at LB and I believe I was the one who started the "move Jacob to TE" speculation. Simply my opinion on by the way. No inside knowledge whatsoever. I just think he could give us a boost at that position when the inevitable "throwing QB" lines up under center. But as of right now, Jacob will compete at Sam. And I'm fairly sure that is a complete list of every LB in the program (other than the true freshman and walk-ons who will appear this spring).

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm

Seth Schneider is a pretty good football player. Not the fastest, but has good instincts and is tough!

A lot like Cozzie.

2024 Resume dominance

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:22 pm
Seth Schneider is a pretty good football player. Not the fastest, but has good instincts and is tough!
Will add him to the mix once official spring roster comes out. Another intriguing walk-on from last fall was Easton Hatfield out of Townsend. He will be a name to watch too from the young group.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
Will add him to the mix once official spring roster comes out. Another intriguing walk-on from last fall was Easton Hatfield out of Townsend. He will be a name to watch too from the young group.
So the rumor is he'll be playing in the offensive backfield

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Shoot. Forgot Jacob. Yes he is still at LB and I believe I was the one who started the "move Jacob to TE" speculation. Simply my opinion on by the way. No inside knowledge whatsoever. I just think he could give us a boost at that position when the inevitable "throwing QB" lines up under center. But as of right now, Jacob will compete at Sam. And I'm fairly sure that is a complete list of every LB in the program (other than the true freshman and walk-ons who will appear this spring).
What the heck? I thought that Troy Andersen would be on that list too.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm
Catsrgrood wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I take it that Williams the transfer from Washington will be a DE and not a LB?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:25 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
So the rumor is he'll be playing in the offensive backfield
He was the AA rushing leader in highschool. He was the only weapon Capital had that year and he took them to the playoffs. He's the same kind of runner as Ifanse minus the speed.

His transfer from Idaho also makes Bobby Daly a possible candidate for LB coach because that's what he was at Idaho!

2024 Resume dominance

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:58 am

Byron Hout is now the run game coordinator; a position previously held by Brian Armstrong.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:40 am

imacat wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:58 am
Byron Hout is now the run game coordinator; a position previously held by Brian Armstrong.
Byron is the defensive run game coordinator. Brian was the offensive run game coordinator and I believe he still is unless Josh took it over last year.

bcatfan1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcatfan1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 am

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Vim, are you assuming TA stays on offense again this year?

Some people are a lot like slinkies....... Not really good for much, but it puts a smile on your face to watch them fall down a set of stairs.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am

bcatfan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 am
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dang guys...I threw this post together quick and obviously did not think everything through. I think Troy is going to be a hybrid RB/LB again so yeah we can add him to the list.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am
bcatfan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:25 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dang guys...I threw this post together quick and obviously did not think everything through. I think Troy is going to be a hybrid RB/LB again so yeah we can add him to the list.
[/quote]

No problem whatsoever Vim. It's just that your reporting has been so accurate and at such a high level that when something seems to be missing from a post of yours some of us quickly think something's up and you know about it. Don't worry, no one is going to cut your salary in half but no one is doubling it again this year either.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!