QB position

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: QB position

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 am

superbobcat wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am
Does anybody know the official status on Murray? Is he back in Bozeman, coming back, or is that just a bunch of gossip? It would be a great story if he could put it together and return better than ever. As young as he is, a year off may have been a good thing.
Chris might not be the ideal QB that some are looking for, but could you imagine Chris, Troy, Logan, and Isiash in the backfield with Kassis and Johnson on the corners? Throw in the possibility of having Jabrari back and the speed and experience we would have at the offensive skill positions would be insane!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:20 am

I think the only news is what Murray tweetwed, that "he will be a part of MSU". Very vague, but I don't see why he'd come back up to Bozeman if he didn't think he could be a part of the team again, whatever that role may be.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

six--man
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by six--man » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm

I think Rovig could be a good quarterback. When he's on, he has all the skills to get it done. Troy could also be the guy but he would probably be better suited as an RB. With Jensen out of the picture, Jonsen is the only other guy who's had any reps as QB and he'll play WR and Wildcat.

bobcat92
Member # Retired

Post by bobcat92 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:15 pm

six--man wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm
I think Rovig could be a good quarterback. When he's on, he has all the skills to get it done. Troy could also be the guy but he would probably be better suited as an RB. With Jensen out of the picture, Jonsen is the only other guy who's had any reps as QB and he'll play WR and Wildcat.
+1

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:21 pm

What is the status of Rovig's injury? I heard he could be out well into the summer. Was it that serious?

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Team10

Post by Team10 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:51 pm

I liked the idea of Gresch Jensen being the QB until that was a bust. Never really thought the Cats had much of an opportunity with Modster. So, now, that puts the Cats right back to where they were when the season finished, Two Freshmen, one redshirt Freshmen, a linebacker/running back used as a quarterback, one academically ineligible quarterback possibly coming back, and a high school commit out of Illinois, for next years options.

Who's it gonna be?

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Team10 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:51 pm
I liked the idea of Gresch Jensen being the QB until that was a bust. Never really thought the Cats had much of an opportunity with Modster. So, now, that puts the Cats right back to where they were when the season finished, Two Freshmen, one redshirt Freshmen, a linebacker/running back used as a quarterback, one academically ineligible quarterback possibly coming back, and a high school commit out of Illinois, for next years options.

Who's it gonna be?
I'm gonna say a transfer 'yet to be determined'.......maybe a JC or maybe an FBS drop down. Although, IF Murray makes it back, I wouldn't count him out. GOOD LUCK COACHES!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Team10 wrote:

Who's it gonna be?
Coaches are looking to add a transfer AND freshman quarterback in this next class. I get the impression that Ekern is not on the board anymore.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:06 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm
Team10 wrote:

Who's it gonna be?
Coaches are looking to add a transfer AND freshman quarterback in this next class. I get the impression that Ekern is not on the board anymore.
Seems like we are running short on time to get a transfer in here for Spring unless the recruiting rules are different for JC and FBS transfers. It was mentioned in another thread that the dead period starts Monday and goes to January 10. Classes must be starting shortly after the 10th.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

Who's it gonna be?
Fantastic in both regards

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:14 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

Who's it gonna be?
Fantastic in both regards
I'm saying it will be Rovig/Bauman/Beltran... who will fight this out at this point. I listed them in the order of likelihood of winning the spot.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:30 am

This kid committed to Brown earlier this year after receiving an offer from us. He has since decommitted and pinned the tweet with our offer. Might be nothing, might be something. Seems to have pretty good tape....

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:03 am

Puke

If your left, you aren’t right.

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 am

I’m gonna announce tomorrow I’m going to the grocery store and paying some student loans off.

If your left, you aren’t right.

superbobcat

Post by superbobcat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

I believe this has become such a hyped event that kids are pressured more than ever to make a choice. Once the relief of choosing sets in, then reality sets in and the kid has a change of heart. Lots of stress for an 18 year old kid.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:05 am
I’m gonna announce tomorrow I’m going to the grocery store and paying some student loans off.
Settle down princess.

1984champ
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 1984champ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Settle down princess.
Their head coach of 20 years resigned at the end of the season. Probably a significant factor in Tyler’s change of commitment.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 am

1984champ wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:41 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:03 am
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Settle down princess.
Their head coach of 20 years resigned at the end of the season. Probably a significant factor in Tyler’s change of commitment.
That was posted on a Friday night at midnight, Hi-Line was probably a couple of cosmos in, I’ll cut him a little slack

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Team10 wrote:

Who's it gonna be?
I said it earlier in the thread, but I personally do not believe we have the ability to acquire the type of QB transfer that will come in and make an immediate impact in the passing game. I may be a Negative Nancy, but I don't see a passing QB look at our offense how it has been run over the last few years and then think to himself, "Yeah, that's where I will showcase my talents." Not to mention that all a kid has to do is see how many QBs this staff has recruited, only to convert them into another position. The only type of QB interested in coming here will be the kind we already have. Run-first, throw-second.

We were told by the current coaching staff that both Rovig and Baumann were the real deal when they were both recruited. That these guys were the future of Bobcat football. We were told how freakishly talented Beltran is. Then give these guys a serious chance to win the job. Period. If one of these can't win the job, then we might have to start thinking we have problems either developing or recruiting the QB position.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay