2018 MHSA Class C 8-Man Playoffs (Semifinals)

The place for news, information and discussion of High School Sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

2018 MHSA Class C 8-Man Playoffs (Semifinals)

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Top-side of Bracket

Fairview (#1 Eastern C) at Great Falls Central Catholic (#2 Northern C)

Regular Season Matchup: Did not play each other.

Prediction: Fairview wins 46-34

Bottom-side of Bracket

Drummond/Granite (#1 Western C) at Shelby (#1 Northern C)

Regular Season Matchup: Did not play each other.

Prediction: Flint Creek wins 58-16

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: 2018 MHSA Class C 8-Man Playoffs (Semifinals)

Post by seacat85 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:58 am

Anyone see the Flint Creek/Shelby game? Listened to the local broadcast over the internet and they thought the Flint Creek WR Lee pushed off at least 3 times. Once on a TD pass. Not saying those calls would have changed the game since Shelby turned the ball over 3 times. The analyst for the game is a Shelby alum so he could have been a bit of a homer.

Badjuju
New Recruit

Post by Badjuju » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Homer for sure! Both teams played an excellent, physical game. A ton of turnovers from both teams. Could've gone either way. I think he's mad because Jaxon manhandled their number one player. I'm pretty sure if there was some penalties to be called, it would've happened. Great game to say the least

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 am

This sentence from your post is true: Both teams played an excellent, physical game. A ton of turnovers from both teams. Could've gone either way.
There rest not so much. The analyst is a Shelby alum but I can assure you he holds little or no love for the district and in fact thinks Shelbys' move to 8 man while within the guidelines was pretty much crap. I wasn't at the game but have seen some of the plays in question and yeah things happened that didn't get called. It happens in every game and both ways however some missed calls end up having little or no effect while others result in a TD that shouldn't have been. Such is life.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!