PUT JOEY IN!!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

PUT JOEY IN!!!

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:05 pm

Seriously, Sherman, are you kidding me?!?! His defensive backfield is getting lit up like a Christmas tree, and he won't even put Joey in when they go dime. Green Bay's secondary could possibly be worse than the grizzlies pathetic unit, no small feat. What is Sherman's problem? If he doesn't like him, then trade him to a team that will give him a fair chance. Carroll looks awful, they have gone to his guy all night long, and Carroll can't even defend people when they fall down on a route - he just lets them back up and they catch it anyways! How much worse is Joey going to do?!?! You're never going to find out if you never give him a chance! Sherman is looking like a fool, and I have lost all respect for him.

Keep sticking with it, Joey. We know you'll make it once you get a shot!

*Okay, so I fixed the post to blame the Green Bay coach instead of the Broncos' coach!*
Last edited by BozoneCat on Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GO CATS GO!!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:05 pm

That's Sherman, not Shanahan...if Joey is that much worse than Hawthorne and Carroll that he isn't getting any time at all, then he sure wasn't worth the 3rd round pick because those two guys absolutely suck. At least Kenny Amato is in there on special teams for Tennessee!

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:31 pm

Jeez... duh (Sherman). Trying to study and watch football at the same time can wreak havoc on the mind!

GO CATS GO!!!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:36 am

This has been going on for weeks now. Last night was just more of the same. Sherman obviously has something against Joey and is refusing to give him a chance. I agree with BozoneCat trade him and give him a chance somewhere else. I feel bad for Joey.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:40 am

From what I heard, is that one of the reason's why Joey wasn't playing earlier, is because of the pressure to use their number one pick, Carrol. Secondly, there was a scuffle between Carrol and Thomas, thus having to have the two separated. Carrol stayed home, supposedly because of the groin injury, however, its safe to say it may have been a reprimand. Finally, because Green Bay was up in arms over McKenzie, they didn't want to ruin his chance in leaving, because afterall, that is what he demanded. They didn't want to use Joey, for fear no one would take McKenzie, and try for Thomas if he was performing. To put it plain and simple, pure power politics. Don't worry, he will have his glory.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:00 am

Sounds like more competition for Joey in Green Bay.

http://packers.com/news/stories/2004/10/21/1/

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:57 pm

Well, it looks like Joey at least got in the game today -- he shows up on the stat sheet!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=241024009

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:08 pm

I only saw the second half, but Joey looked to be coming in as the nickel DB on passing downs. Nothing major to report, GB had the game pretty much in hand by the time I tuned in so don't know if he was in the whole game.

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:30 pm

joey played the whole game today. gb had a lot of nickel packages because dallas threw lots. joey also downed a punt at the 1 yard line. a very good showing for him today.