MSU Toddler/Griznationalist argue over UM FB Budget & enrollment

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: There is no other team I would rather root for

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:Yes. Toddler hypothesized that there is an enrollment correlation but failed to establish any.
Once again, you fail to read. Nowhere did I hypothesize that there is a correlation between the two. I only "purport" that UM has failed on one of its primary strategies and has failed to complete at a university. Two independent failures (aside from teaching reading comprehension)...
"... The real question is how low does UM's enrollment decline to before the school has issues with the millions thrown into a football program (more than any FCS school in the nation) that fails to win it all?"
-- MSU Toddler
There WILL be a correlation when budgets are "adjusted" due to failed strategies...

You either get that or you're lying. I suspect I know which it is...
So now we're back to there IS a correlation between enrollment level and winning on the field? Can you back that up? I'm not the only one in here who has asked. If you are only speculating, that's fair. No need to support it with facts if you're just speculating. It's cool. UM had a lower enrollment than MSU for almost the first 10 years of that long win streak that began in '86.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:Yes. Toddler hypothesized that there is an enrollment correlation but failed to establish any.
Once again, you fail to read. Nowhere did I hypothesize that there is a correlation between the two. I only "purport" that UM has failed on one of its primary strategies and has failed to complete at a university. Two independent failures (aside from teaching reading comprehension)...
"... The real question is how low does UM's enrollment decline to before the school has issues with the millions thrown into a football program (more than any FCS school in the nation) that fails to win it all?"
-- MSU Toddler
There WILL be a correlation when budgets are "adjusted" due to failed strategies...

So now we're back to there IS a correlation between enrollment level and winning on the field? Can you back that up? I'm not the only one in here who has asked. If you are only speculating, that's fair. No need to support it with facts if you're just speculating. It's cool. UM had a lower enrollment than MSU for almost the first 10 years of that long win streak that began in '86.
There is a big difference between IS and MAY or WILL be isn't there? But, I'm not the only one "hypothesizing" there may be a correlation between failed strategies http://missoulian.com/sports/college/mo ... f887a.html

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:34 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
-- MSU Toddler

There is a big difference between IS and MAY or WILL be isn't there? But, I'm not the only one "hypothesizing" there may be a correlation between failed strategies http://missoulian.com/sports/college/mo ... f887a.html
With all due respect, you are sort of making all of it up as you go along. That is a 4-yr-old article you cite about a one-year adjustment with no remarkable football happenings since then (except the Montana football sweep since then, the Montana defeat of NDSU, the 2-point gap between Montana and 1st place in the conference right now, etc.). It's perfectly OK to guess and speculate. I just sort of thought maybe there were some facts to back it up. I surrender. Over and out.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Griznationalist wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
-- MSU Toddler

With all due respect, you are sort of making all of it up as you go along. That is a 4-yr-old article you cite about a one-year adjustment with no remarkable football happenings since then (except the Montana football sweep since then, the Montana defeat of NDSU, the 2-point gap between Montana and 1st place in the conference right now, etc.). It's perfectly OK to guess and speculate. I just sort of thought maybe there were some facts to back it up. I surrender. Over and out.
#Owned

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:12 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Dude, we get it already. You seek solace for a poor season by attacking UMs enrollment issues. But it's laughable to think that MSU isn't trying just as hard as UM to win championships. Seems to me that Cruzado has put a ton of energy into turning athletics around since she arrived. Both schools aim to have top football programs and both succeeded. UMs issues are far more complicated then you're trying to make them

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:35 pm

Silenoz wrote:
MSU Toddler wrote:
Dude, we get it already. You seek solace for a poor season by attacking UMs enrollment issues. But it's laughable to think that MSU isn't trying just as hard as UM to win championships. Seems to me that Cruzado has put a ton of energy into turning athletics around since she arrived. Both schools aim to have top football programs and both succeeded. UMs issues are far more complicated then you're trying to make them
Dude, I don't seek solace in a poor season by attacking UM. I'm fairly proud of MSU and what it has done as a university AND understand that this is a building year or two for the football team. I do however, seek to shut down the sycophant griz trolls (your fans) on Bobcatnation that act like turds. I sort of like coming to this site and learning about all things MSU sports but grow weary of your trolls. So - fighting fire with fire. So thanks for coming on here and telling me what I think, what I know and how to act...

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:54 pm

There are certainly more important things in life than football, but they seem like odd subjects to raise in a football chat forum. As for me, the football fan, I enjoy wins. Period.

Silenoz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Silenoz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm

MSU Toddler wrote: So thanks for coming on here and telling me what I think, what I know and how to act...
What are you talking.... No, it doesn't matter. I'd probably post the same way if the Griz were 2-5 and the usual Cat trolls made eGriz even more unbearable than usual. At least the mods here have low tolerance of it

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Griznationalist wrote:There are certainly more important things in life than football, but they seem like odd subjects to raise in a football chat forum. As for me, the football fan, I enjoy wins. Period.
For some odd reason, I associate more than just football with my alma mater. Sort of proud of that, but I get why some only care about football. What I don't understand is the trolling, but I guess that makes some feel some sort of self importance...

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Truthfully, I guess I'm flattered that the Toddler cares about UM's enrollment. I don't know what it has to do with football. But if it helps him sleep better at night and keep his mind off that 0-4 conference record, more power to him. I can't remember the last time Montana was 2 points away from being undefeated this far into the season. If enrollment is the reason, I want more of where that came from. Keep it flowing.

MSU Toddler

Post by MSU Toddler » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Griznationalist wrote:Truthfully, I guess I'm flattered that the Toddler cares about UM's enrollment. I don't know what it has to do with football. But if it helps him sleep better at night and keep his mind off that 0-4 conference record, more power to him. I can't remember the last time Montana was 2 points away from being undefeated this far into the season. If enrollment is the reason, I want more of where that came from. Keep it flowing.
In truth, I do care about UM's enrollment as a tax payer in Montana and someone who has attended classes there. I don't care to see it fail. However, I'm not the one on a rival's board, trolling and seeking some sort of validation so he can sleep better at night...

By the way, nice twist of the words there. You saw the article with direct correlation between enrollment and the budget. Keep it going...