Griz RB arrested for DUI

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Griz RB arrested for DUI

Post by PapaG » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

lutecat wrote:I know it's tough to say "you were right". That's all I ask. Keep the hundies guys. Give them to Bobcat athletics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Where did anyone say that he would play? Maybe someone did but it wasn't me.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 pm

PapaG wrote:
lutecat wrote:I know it's tough to say "you were right". That's all I ask. Keep the hundies guys. Give them to Bobcat athletics.

Let's just say you and Cataholic were both quite adamant that the legal process would take way too long to play out, which in turn would favor Counts and that UM wouldn't suspend him because of it. Go ahead and say it.....it's okay that UM is doing the right thing here :D

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:29 pm

PapaG wrote:

Papa G is right. I don't believe anybody was interested in taking your bet. I think the consensus was that your bet did not apply to the discussion at hand: whether Counts should have been disciplined right away.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Let's just say you and Cataholic were both quite adamant that the legal process would take way too long to play out, which in turn would favor Counts and that UM wouldn't suspend him because of it. Go ahead and say it.....it's okay that UM is doing the right thing here :D
First and foremost, we can't forget that Counts might have a serious problem. I hope he gets the treatment needed as his actions portray a troubled youth.

As for the discussion at hand, I don't want to be an ass about this, but what changed in the process and application of the code from he time of the incident that occurred on July 15 to the announcement today? The basis of GA's argument has been that the code dictates the punishment so Stitts hands were tied. Apparently his hands were not tied. You also argued that the legal process must run its course before punishment can be handed out. From everything I have read, nothing legally has changed. How can Stitts hands be tied in late July but not be tied today despite no legal proceedings?

I am not trying to be an ass, but Stitts actions show he has input into the application of the code. Stitt chose not to do anything until now and that sends a bad message about your program's priorities.

Grizaddict
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Grizaddict » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:39 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
PapaG wrote:

First and foremost, we can't forget that Counts might have a serious problem. I hope he gets the treatment needed as his actions portray a troubled youth.

As for the discussion at hand, I don't want to be an ass about this, but what changed in the process and application of the code from he time of the incident that occurred on July 15 to the announcement today? The basis of GA's argument has been that the code dictates the punishment so Stitts hands were tied. Apparently his hands were not tied. You also argued that the legal process must run its course before punishment can be handed out. From everything I have read, nothing legally has changed. How can Stitts hands be tied in late July but not be tied today despite no legal proceedings?

I am not trying to be an ass, but Stitts actions show he has input into the application of the code. Stitt chose not to do anything until now and that sends a bad message about your program's priorities.
I'm not gonna be an ass either, but you are so wrong on this. This was literally just printed in the missoulian from AJ on the upcoming game vs SFU. He had a part that addressed the Counts situation. What I've said all along, right down to the fact it is getting close to resolved (had some inside help on that one):

"The lone exception is likely running back Joey Counts, though his circumstances don't relate to health. Counts, who has practiced with the team all fall, will not play Saturday because he has legal issues pending in both Missoula and Lake counties, Stitt said.

Counts was arrested for DUI in Lake County in July after a misdemeanor trespassing conviction last November in Missoula. His hearing on a petition to revoke his suspended sentence from that initial arrest has been pushed back until next Thursday. If granted, he'd face a suspension of 30 percent of the season, per the Montana student-athlete handbook. If he is convicted of DUI, a third Category II violation of UM's code of conduct, the senior would be dismissed from the team."

So as I said all along, in this case the code dictates a 30% suspension if it's one charge and dismissal if it's another. That code does not require removal from practice or team activities unless it was a category 1 (felony usually) which it wasn't. The code is being applied as we speak with no game participation until it's figured out in the courts what his official charge and situation is. Stitt's not manipulating it, he's not going around it, he's not changing it.....he is applying it (actually Kent Haslam is, that I know is fact as well). Sorry you don't see it that way for whatever reason and sorry you can't admit UM is doing the right thing here.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:07 pm

You need new people sending you "info"

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Grizaddict wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
Grizaddict wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I'm not gonna be an ass either, but you are so wrong on this. This was literally just printed in the missoulian from AJ on the upcoming game vs SFU. He had a part that addressed the Counts situation. What I've said all along, right down to the fact it is getting close to resolved (had some inside help on that one):

"The lone exception is likely running back Joey Counts, though his circumstances don't relate to health. Counts, who has practiced with the team all fall, will not play Saturday because he has legal issues pending in both Missoula and Lake counties, Stitt said.

Counts was arrested for DUI in Lake County in July after a misdemeanor trespassing conviction last November in Missoula. His hearing on a petition to revoke his suspended sentence from that initial arrest has been pushed back until next Thursday. If granted, he'd face a suspension of 30 percent of the season, per the Montana student-athlete handbook. If he is convicted of DUI, a third Category II violation of UM's code of conduct, the senior would be dismissed from the team."

So as I said all along, in this case the code dictates a 30% suspension if it's one charge and dismissal if it's another. That code does not require removal from practice or team activities unless it was a category 1 (felony usually) which it wasn't. The code is being applied as we speak with no game participation until it's figured out in the courts what his official charge and situation is. Stitt's not manipulating it, he's not going around it, he's not changing it.....he is applying it (actually Kent Haslam is, that I know is fact as well). Sorry you don't see it that way for whatever reason and sorry you can't admit UM is doing the right thing here.
I give up... We will never see eye to eye on this. I would be disapponted if MSU took this long to determine Tappan or Daly's fate. Heck, if I was a UM student or Missoula resident, I would be disappointed that Stitt and Haslam have waited until now to suspend him from a game. At a minimum, the first game suspension should have been announced back in July.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Pure stupidity

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:55 am

lutecat wrote:I will take my hundy from everyone that didn't have the guts to bet me =D^ =D^ =D^ ............Sorry, I had to gloat a little.
You were right, Lute. Glad I didn't take the bet, because I almost did, just figuring that his DUI wouldn't be settled before this weekend.
Stitt did the right thing here, though it would've been better if the announcement had come several weeks ago. Good on him!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:57 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Pure stupidity

That is coming from the guy that thinks DUIs are no big deal.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:14 pm

You say that like it's a bad thing... .lol

Least I don't buy into the fraud.....bet you are a huge global warming cat too LOL

www.maroonblood.com

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:You say that like it's a bad thing... .lol

Least I don't buy into the fraud.....bet you are a huge global warming cat too LOL

There is real data that proves drunk drivers kill innocent people.

The is no data that prove global warming kills people in a causal manner.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:07 pm

And there is data that proves that sober driver kill 13 to 1 over drunk drivers (11,000 to 1.3 million)

11k out of 310 million..........thats how insignificant this "problem" is.

Dont get me started on texting and driving.............yet its not sexy revenue getter like DUI since everyone does it

www.maroonblood.com

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:36 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:And there is data that proves that sober driver kill 13 to 1 over drunk drivers (11,000 to 1.3 million)

Dont get me started on texting and driving.............yet its not sexy revenue getter like DUI since everyone does it
It only takes one drunk driver to change a families life forever. I know.

You think that you are being cute and funny, but this just shows how ignorant your are. I hope that you are never the victim of a DUI accident. And if you are the culprit in such an incident, given your callous attitude, they should throw away the key.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:01 am

Im not being cute, I think you are being ultra sensitive. Dont give me the speech about changed lives resulting from a car accident. You are not the only one but you are looking for somebody to blame on an emotional level. I dont cope like that so you will never convince me that 10k out of 310 million is anything more than one grain of sand on all the beaches in the world.

1.3 Million are killed each year by sober drivers........why no outrage?

www.maroonblood.com

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Griz RB arrested for DUI

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:30 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote: 1.3 Million are killed each year by sober drivers........why no outrage?
Huh? 1.3 million per year by sober drivers alone?

According to NHTSA "An estimated 35,200 people died in 2015, up from the 32,675 reported fatalities in 2014." And that is by sober and drunken both.

No outrage? You should see the notes I just sent to MDT in their latest survey. 1 is too many (see post above by Cataholic).

The steering seems to be coming loose on this thread ... but I could not let that "statistic" go.

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 am

AlphaGriz1 wrote:And there is data that proves that sober driver kill 13 to 1 over drunk drivers (11,000 to 1.3 million)

It's probably also true that people who drive within the speed limit kill more people every year than people who drive 100 mph over the speed limit. Does that mean that driving within the speed limit is a bigger problem than driving 100 mph over it?

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:56 pm

That all depends on your agenda

www.maroonblood.com

Grizlaw

Post by Grizlaw » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:07 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:That all depends on your agenda

I don't have one, unless pointing out bad arguments is an "agenda."

By the way - I'll be in Butte and Missoula over homecoming, if you'd like to grab a beer...

I work as an attorney so that I can afford good scotch, which helps me to forget that I work as an attorney.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:48 pm

Sure hit me up I should be around somewhere unless a sober driver smashes into me

www.maroonblood.com