Re: Gianforte to donate $10mil

Post by Hawks86 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm

They will vote on it tomorrow.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:42 am

Interesting. I think I need someone to explain this to me.
Cruzado said some have questioned the timing of the Gianforte gift. Cruzado said the announcement is happening now because when alumnus Norm Asbjornson gave MSU a $50 million gift to build a new College of Engineering building, he challenged MSU to raise another $20 million for the entire South Campus project, and the deadline to raise the $20 million is June 30. Of the $8 million from the Gianfortes, $2 million will go to meet the challenge, she said. Christian said that “challenge” is actually a requirement.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne ... 21725.html

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Hawks86 wrote:They will vote on it tomorrow.
It was approved.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat May 21, 2016 8:40 am

Good deal. MSU has gotten some big-time donations over the past three or four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sat May 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Should have NEVER been an issue.

But a bunch of libtards got their envious panties in a wad....

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun May 22, 2016 7:14 am

The same BS would have taken place if the donation had come from a Dem. Anyone who is unwilling to recognize the truth of that is blindly entrenched in the over the top partisanship that has a stranglehold on our country.
Thankful for the donation and decision to accept it.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun May 22, 2016 8:05 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:The same BS would have taken place if the donation had come from a Dem. Anyone who is unwilling to recognize the truth of that is blindly entrenched in the over the top partisanship that has a stranglehold on our country.
Bullshiit

Conservatives don't give a crap what you do with your money. If Bullock wants to donate to UM, why should I care? I don't.

Libs like to control others money because they believe it doesn't belong to you. "You didn't build that..." Remember that?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sun May 22, 2016 8:33 am

This happens to be coming down during an election cycle. What else can they use against him if they don't invent a problem. They would have praised the donation if it was last year, before they thought he was running.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun May 22, 2016 4:54 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Joe Bobcat wrote:The same BS would have taken place if the donation had come from a Dem. Anyone who is unwilling to recognize the truth of that is blindly entrenched in the over the top partisanship that has a stranglehold on our country.
Bullshiit

Conservatives don't give a crap what you do with your money. If Bullock wants to donate to UM, why should I care? I don't.

Libs like to control others money because they believe it doesn't belong to you. "You didn't build that..." Remember that?
There's no doubt at all if somebody on the other side had made a donation of this kind that some people on the right would have howled in faux outrage just like some on the left are doing so now. Anyone who thinks that one side or the other is lacking in hypocrisy is extremely delusional. Far too many in both parties place the good of their own silly political party (or whatever silly and vague label/ideology they identify themselves by and justify derision of all others by) above that of the city/county/state/country/world on a regular basis.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Sun May 22, 2016 4:56 pm

LTown Cat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:They will vote on it tomorrow.
It was approved.
Excellent. One more mark in the positive column for MSU and the Montana economy!

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Gianforte to donate $10mil

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun May 22, 2016 6:37 pm

SonomaCat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Bullshiit

There's no doubt at all if somebody on the other side had made a donation of this kind that some people on the right would have howled in faux outrage just like some on the left are doing so now. Anyone who thinks that one side or the other is lacking in hypocrisy is extremely delusional. Far too many in both parties place the good of their own silly political party (or whatever silly and vague label/ideology they identify themselves by and justify derision of all others by) above that of the city/county/state/country/world on a regular basis.
The overall point you both are making (hypocrisy is equal on both sides), sure I can agree with, but the specific point of bitching about a donation is bullshiit and no conservative would give a shiit about it and both of you know it.

The quibbling over Bullock's use of the airplane is bullshiit too.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon May 23, 2016 7:48 am

To state the obvious, partisan hacks of any ideology will say absolutely anything if they think it will make an opponent look bad. It's not a matter of sincerely "giving a ******" about what they are speaking, it's merely a tactic to try to win elections by any means necessary.

If Jane Fonda ran for governor of Montana and offered to donate a bunch of money to MSU, resulting in her name being attached to a high profile program at MSU, I am certain that some "conservatives" would complain about it. And you know it. :wink:

Fortunately, we are in agreement that what matters is the good that the money can do and not getting hung up on the ideologies of the person donating the money.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon May 23, 2016 11:09 am

Hawks86 wrote:Interesting. I think I need someone to explain this to me.
Cruzado said some have questioned the timing of the Gianforte gift. Cruzado said the announcement is happening now because when alumnus Norm Asbjornson gave MSU a $50 million gift to build a new College of Engineering building, he challenged MSU to raise another $20 million for the entire South Campus project, and the deadline to raise the $20 million is June 30. Of the $8 million from the Gianfortes, $2 million will go to meet the challenge, she said. Christian said that “challenge” is actually a requirement.
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne ... 21725.html
So does anyone know if MSU has met the $20 million requirement yet?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:53 am

To date, $18 million has been raised. Another $2 million is needed by June 30 to meet Asbjornson’s goal. With its many alumni and friends, MSU hopes to break ground this summer on the visionary project.
http://www.montana.edu/mountainsandmind ... icle=16145

Looks like this was published 12 days ago. Not sure if Gianforte's $2million is included or if it gets us to $20million.

grizgirl
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizgirl » Tue May 24, 2016 12:17 pm

I don't see what the liberals are worried about. Gianforte isn't electable. He's a Michele Bachmann-republican. The only office he could get is a U.S. House seat if he was in a district like Minnesota's 6th District, but even Bachmann had trouble getting re-elected there and eventually retired, probably because she thought she'd lose.

You can't be a creationist, think gays should get reformed straight, and support hate groups, then expect to be elected the governor of Montana.

Go Dark Brandon!!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue May 24, 2016 5:37 pm

grizgirl wrote:I don't see what the liberals are worried about. Gianforte isn't electable. He's a Michele Bachmann-republican. The only office he could get is a U.S. House seat if he was in a district like Minnesota's 6th District, but even Bachmann had trouble getting re-elected there and eventually retired, probably because she thought she'd lose.

You can't be a creationist, think gays should get reformed straight, and support hate groups, then expect to be elected the governor of Montana.
Yeah I don't think he's even the republican nominee yet, is he? I'd be surprised if he gets that. A super rich guy with a wacky background will nev...waaaaait a minnnnnnute.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber