2006 Griz Schedule

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

2006 Griz Schedule

Post by 94VegasCat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:17 am

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2005 ... orts01.txt

This article was in the Missoulian today. I see the griz have once again bypassed having to go to Cal Poly.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:29 am

Plus if allowed 12 games, it sounds like they would bring Carroll in.

I would love to not have to play a IA game every year, the Griz are lucky they make enough money at home.

However if we didn't have to play a IA game, I would definately not want a DII on the schedule. My main reasoning for a DII is to sort of off-set the IA game (get beat up, then tune up). Without a IA game you would think they could play a full IAA schedule.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

anacondagriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by anacondagriz » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:32 am

CelticCat wrote:Plus if allowed 12 games, it sounds like they would bring Carroll in.

I would love to not have to play a IA game every year, the Griz are lucky they make enough money at home.

However if we didn't have to play a IA game, I would definately not want a DII on the schedule. My main reasoning for a DII is to sort of off-set the IA game (get beat up, then tune up). Without a IA game you would think they could play a full IAA schedule.
Next years lineup bores me. No fun trip to Oregon like this year. Cal Poly will be a fun home game again, but I would REALLY like to see us go down there. I also hate the fact that we have no bye week,that could come back to haunt us if we make the playoffs.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:33 am

I bet they do end up with Carroll on the schedule which would make 8 home games and 4 away with 2 of those being less than division I-AA competition. Pretty easy to get to 8 wins that way. I understand why they do it but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. If we end up with a 12th game next season I bet Cal Poly is back on the schedule for us as well. :cry:

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 am

CelticCat wrote:Plus if allowed 12 games, it sounds like they would bring Carroll in.

And like the selection committee told Kramer. The Griz had one less Div I loss than the Cats had (even thought the Cats didn't play a DIV II school!). :shock: Now you can see how the Griz are thinking with their schedule. For the Mecca 1-AA team in all the nation, they sure do play a lot of cupcakes! :) And if not cupcakes, play all the tough teams at home! I like what I'm seeing from Grizville though, hopefully MSU will follow the same type schedule so the selection committee won't have any excuses to make next year :)

Actually, next year we win the AUTOBID so won't have to worry :).

grizbeer
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizbeer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:52 am

I'm not excited about the schedule, but it sounds like this is the last year of it if the budget is balanced. Personally instead of adding Carrol I would like to see the Griz play a regional I-A, even if it means less money. Honestly at $27/game I think they are going to be stretching the season ticket holders with an 8 game home schedule, especially with Central Washington and Carrol College. If season tickets end up at $200 - $215 each it is reasonable to expect the season ticket base to drop off, which could end up costing more money than it gains.

SDSU and Cal Poly are good to have on the schedule, although I gotta agree the Griz owe Cal Poly a trip big time, and it will be the 3rd time in 12 months that we will have seen them, which is a little old.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:08 pm

I would love a 7th or 8th home game. I love Saturday games in Bozeman. Can someone publish the griz schedule. I did not see the actual schedule in the article.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:10 pm

9/2 Open
9/9 South Dakota St.
9/16 Central Washington- DII
9/23 Sacramento St.
9/30 at Portland St.
10/7 at EWU
10/14 NAU
10/21 at Weber St.
10/28 Idaho St.
11/4 Cal Poly
11/11 at No. Colorado
11/18 Montana St.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

WYOBISONMAN
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WYOBISONMAN » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:25 pm

The Griz need to get the balls to travel to Fargo to play us...... :)

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:02 pm

WYOBISONMAN wrote:The Griz need to get the balls to travel to Fargo to play us...... :)
It will never happen. As soon as they find out your a good team they will cancel on you and try and find another cupcake :) The Griz better go at least 8-3 next year (9-3 if they schedule Carrol) or something is wrong.

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:03 pm

WYOBISONMAN wrote:The Griz need to get the balls to travel to Fargo to play us...... :)
You and any other quality I-AA program. Don't hold your breath though.

CatFamily
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFamily » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:08 pm

Hey... kudos to the Griz for continuing to get 7 home games! My question is when is MSU going to get on the ball and start scheduling 6-7 home games every year. We do it once in a great while... what gives?

Montana State Fighting Bobcats reign supreme

Platinumcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Platinumcat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:14 pm

CatFamily wrote:Hey... kudos to the Griz for continuing to get 7 home games! My question is when is MSU going to get on the ball and start scheduling 6-7 home games every year. We do it once in a great while... what gives?

Kramer said that that the commitment to have six home games for us fans is part of the problem they are encountering with finishing up our schedule.
Because we are set to play a I-A game every year, and we've now added a fourth away game every year in conference play, six home games are the max for us until a 12th game is allowed by the NCAA.

Oh, and I'm Jason Wiers, Platinum Property Management

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:26 pm

I can't remember the last time we didn't have 6 home games. The athletic administration does a good job in getting those 6 games. 7 would be great...maybe someday with the 12 game schedule.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.

CatFamily
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFamily » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:34 pm

I understand guys... thanks for the info. Gotta get the debt paid soon. I just recevid a reply to from AD Fields to some questions I emailed (and by the way he has been great in responding quickly which I appreciate)... still $128,000 left to pay off. Committee is formed to seek big dollars with hopes some success will come sooner rather than later... and from Mr. Fields those dollars generated by way of the committee, unless earmarked specifically for the stadium, would be used in the overall plans to upgrade MSU athletics (and the stadium upgrade is only one of the items included.)

Montana State Fighting Bobcats reign supreme

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:38 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:

And like the selection committee told Kramer. The Griz had one less Div I loss than the Cats had (even thought the Cats didn't play a DIV II school!). :shock: Now you can see how the Griz are thinking with their schedule. For the Mecca 1-AA team in all the nation, they sure do play a lot of cupcakes! :) And if not cupcakes, play all the tough teams at home! I like what I'm seeing from Grizville though, hopefully MSU will follow the same type schedule so the selection committee won't have any excuses to make next year :)

Actually, next year we win the AUTOBID so won't have to worry :).
They are turning into Kansas State. A bunch of creampuff games at home, road games are only in-conference, then get pounded by a physical team in the playoffs (or in Bozeman).

BobCatFan
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobCatFan » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:00 pm

Carroll is too tough for the Griz to take on. What would happen if Carroll beat them?

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 pm

BobCatFan wrote:What would happen if Carroll beat them?
The only way that could happen is if the field was muddy, they forgot their fog/rain/away from home cleats, or if a jersey gets dirty. :)

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:13 pm

I liked the part in the article where O'Day pretty much flat-out admitted that the griz wouldn't beat Cal Poly down in SLO. Too bad for him, I think Cal Poly will beat them up in Missoula again next year.
And it's become clear that UM isn't excited about heading to San Luis Obispo, Calif., where the Mustangs were 6-0 in '05, including a 4-0 mark against Big Sky schools.

“When you have to schedule seven (non-conference) games, it's hard,” O'Day said of Cal Poly. “Especially when you're not Notre Dame. Cal Poly - it's a beautiful place, and they're getting better and better all the time. But it's hard to get down there. Eastern found that out. Montana State found that out.”

GO CATS GO!!!

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:15 pm

rtb wrote:
BobCatFan wrote:What would happen if Carroll beat them?
The only way that could happen is if the field was muddy, they forgot their fog/rain/away from home cleats, or if a jersey gets dirty. :)
=D^ =D^ =D^