So, Bobby, the Griz don't need GOD on their side anymore???

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

El_Gato
Member # Retired

So, Bobby, the Griz don't need GOD on their side anymore???

Post by El_Gato » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:11 pm

I think it's hysterical that the Griz were THUMPED by SHSU just days after head coach Hauck tells the team chaplain to take a hike!!!

I gaurantee you if they lose or play poorly against Northern Colorado, they'll be calling the Vatican to see how quickly the Pope can get to Washington Grizzly Stadium! (Which reminds me of a question I've always pondered: Does Denny Washington own the stadium, the team, or both?)

Also regarding the head Griz, in a little-pulicized story, it was recently announced that Bobby Hauck has achieved the highest Arrogance to Actual Coaching Ability Ratio in the history of sports, surpassing Jerry Glanville and Buddy Ryan for the top spot!

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: So, Bobby, the Griz don't need GOD on their side anymore

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:25 pm

El_Gato wrote:I think it's hysterical that the Griz were THUMPED by SHSU just days after head coach Hauck tells the team chaplain to take a hike!!!

I gaurantee you if they lose or play poorly against Northern Colorado, they'll be calling the Vatican to see how quickly the Pope can get to Washington Grizzly Stadium! (Which reminds me of a question I've always pondered: Does Denny Washington own the stadium, the team, or both?)

Also regarding the head Griz, in a little-pulicized story, it was recently announced that Bobby Hauck has achieved the highest Arrogance to Actual Coaching Ability Ratio in the history of sports, surpassing Jerry Glanville and Buddy Ryan for the top spot!
Actually, if you had done your homework, you would have know that Bobby let him go about a month ago. The story (which is a lame attempt to create some controversy) just took awhile to come out.

I would think it would be difficult to smack on a Grizzly loss when the Cats lose at home the same weekend, or maybe you were to busy MaStUrbating.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:47 pm

CTOWM, it's going to be fun trading jabs with you.

First of all, I expected the Cats would struggle against (and most likely lose to) Cal Poly. Second, we weren't ranked #1 vs an unranked team. Third, we didn't get our asses handed to us nearly as badly as the Griz did.

Main point: neither Cats nor Griz deserved to be ranked even in the top 20 at this point of the season. Later? Who knows.

The Missoulian did a poor job with that story if it happened a month ago. I don't have it handy, but the impression I got from reading it was that it had just happened last week. My main attempt at sarcasm/humor is that it doesn't surprise me that Coach Hauck would think his Griz were so good, they don't need any "divine intervention" from time to time.

Especially considering all the lucky bounces/breaks/calls the Griz have had over the past few years...

Take care CTOWM and enjoy your weed! :wink:

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:06 pm

Before we go any further, welcome to the board. :P I can always use another adversary. Contrary to what you hear, I don't like warm Oly and Kamber is the sweetest slice of Heaven since they created that Cheryl Tiegs poster.

Ok, jabs away

1. You expected the Cats to lose to CP??? Bad Kitty!
2. Rankings mean about as much as a Vanilla Ice Biography.
3. Did you NOT watch the CP game? Poly brought an A$$ whoopin' with them from Cali. A new and improved can of Whoop-A$$. I know, I know, the Griz looked like the Drummond B-Squad. But it was freakin' hot and Monte wasn't there. What can you do.?
4. The Griz shouldn't be in the top 20???? Apparently you stole my weed! 8)

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:23 am

Cat, quit making excuses for the Griz. I think it was very apparent in their performance that they have a hell of a time winning away from their den. The offense is there, however, the defense isn't where it used to be. Hauck was worried about the match up, where the BearKats were strong, the Griz were at their weakest, and it showed. Its not Monte, its not the heat, its the fact that the Griz don't have it in them to compete in the South, and probably elsewhere in the division 1-AA strongholds. This year the Big Sky, maybe, elsewhere, I doubt it.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:50 am

grizhatr wrote:Cat, quit making excuses for the Griz. I think it was very apparent in their performance that they have a hell of a time winning away from their den. The offense is there, however, the defense isn't where it used to be. Hauck was worried about the match up, where the BearKats were strong, the Griz were at their weakest, and it showed. Its not Monte, its not the heat, its the fact that the Griz don't have it in them to compete in the South, and probably elsewhere in the division 1-AA strongholds. This year the Big Sky, maybe, elsewhere, I doubt it.
Did you really think I was serious when I suggested they lost because of the heat and Monte being absent? Step away from the Chicken Selects!

Do what you do best...hating the Griz.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:16 pm

bearBAC wrote:ctowm - " I know, I know, the Griz looked like the Drummond B-Squad. But it was freakin' hot and Monte wasn't there. What can you do.? "

Wow what a slam to Drummond - they have out scored opponents in their last 12 game , something like 200-8, you should have pick a school closer to Bozo with a weaker record!
So you're saying... that the Drummond B Squad would have whipped up on the Griz as well? Interesting. I think you are being a little hard on the Griz, but I'll trust your judgment this one time. A school closer to Bozo... is there a really bad 8 man team in that area that you think the Griz could have beat? Is the Ennis B Squad down this year or something?
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:26 pm

bearBAC wrote:I'm not sure BAC, is winnet or whinyfried 8 man? Is there a "b" team the kittens could stop the run ? If there is, thats my pick of a griz gimme!
To answer your question as-per-usual disrepectfully (not towards me, but towards the town) worded question, both Winnett and Winifred do participate in 8 man football.

And yes, I would hope both the Cats and Griz could beat their J.V./B Squads.

Of course, neither is near Bozeman.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.