Bears all over Bozeman

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Bears all over Bozeman

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:12 pm

What's up with all the bears invading Bozeman? It's like every hour the BDC is tweeting about a bear sighting.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bears all over Bozeman

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:26 pm

They're in Kalispell too.

They are entering hyperphagia and need to find large amounts of food. Food that in many cases, does not exist this year due to the drought. It only makes sense to see them come down to the valley floor to find the food they crave.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:59 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:They're in Kalispell too.

They are entering hyperphagia and need to find large amounts of food. Food that in many cases, does not exist this year due to the drought. It only makes sense to see them come down to the valley floor to find the food they crave.
There's a drought in Kalispell? I thought it rained there year-round.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Its foreshadowing..............

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:07 am

We delivered the Gazette to sunrise campground last week just outside Bozeman. Went around the corner to a big black bear. Spooked him out of the trash cans.
He took off towards the interstate right to where about 15 tents were sleeping. It was 4 am. There's a big fence keeping it from getting to the interstate.
I called the sheriff's office and told them I just spooked a big bear and he ran into the tent section of the campground and was stuck back by the fence by the interstate.
The 911 dispatcher said, well is it being aggressive? Uhm, does it matter? You've got probably 30+ people sleeping in tents with a spooked, cornered bear. What if someone gets up to take a leak and has to walk the 50+ yards to the toilet. Plus, a lot of those campers are seasonal construction workers that are usually up and leaving around 5 am.
I wanted to tell her how stupid she was but I was nice.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:25 pm

If those campers dont have guns then they deserve anything that happens to them.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

76er
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 76er » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:26 pm

There was a late frost in most of the state after the berries flowered. No chokecherries, buffalo berries, or service berries in my part of the country. Moved the barn cat food into the house.