Cleveland Indians

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Cleveland Indians

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 am

The one name that really pisses me off is the New York Giants. If people can't say the "New York Growth Challanged Citizens" then those people can go stick their heads in a man hole cover.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:56 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:The one name that really pisses me off is the New York Giants. If people can't say the "New York Growth Challanged Citizens" then those people can go stick their heads in a man hole cover.
Ya, I really hate the Cowboys, and the way their mascot rides around on a horse swinging a lasso and carrying his "six shooter". Such a horrible stereotype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:04 am

91catAlum wrote:
BigBruceBaker wrote:The one name that really pisses me off is the New York Giants. If people can't say the "New York Growth Challanged Citizens" then those people can go stick their heads in a man hole cover.
Ya, I really hate the Cowboys, and the way their mascot rides around on a horse swinging a lasso and carrying his "six shooter". Such a horrible stereotype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Totally agree 91. The way those "Cowboys" abuse that horse by riding it is completely unacceptable and really has no business in modern society. And who are they kidding? Their is no such thing as a cowboy anymore, just a bunch of slaughterhouses (the reason I went vegitarian)

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:30 am

I think Steelers is offensive to other metals and alloys.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:03 pm

You guys are so right. Indians and Jews and Chinamen are exactly like Giants and Steelers and Cowboys. There's really no difference at all, so if no Cowboys are offended by the Dallas sports corporation, how on earth could anyone ever be offended by their ethnic group or race being caricatured? It all comes down to people wanting to be victims. I just wish we all could have our ethnicity used as a macot by a group of people who aren't of our same ethnicity so we could be part of the fun!

Bob Costas is the devil, by the way. So I guess there is one devil in this country. I bet he's going to complain about the New Jersey Devils, too, for the way they portray devils with that NJ letter stuff in their logo.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Washington Redskins finally caved to the pressure:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/washin ... -re,34161/

Here's one for BAC:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/intern ... bil,34212/

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:You guys are so right. Indians and Jews and Chinamen are exactly like Giants and Steelers and Cowboys. There's really no difference at all, so if no Cowboys are offended by the Dallas sports corporation, how on earth could anyone ever be offended by their ethnic group or race being caricatured? It all comes down to people wanting to be victims. I just wish we all could have our ethnicity used as a macot by a group of people who aren't of our same ethnicity so we could be part of the fun!

Bob Costas is the devil, by the way. So I guess there is one devil in this country. I bet he's going to complain about the New Jersey Devils, too, for the way they portray devils with that NJ letter stuff in their logo.
When the heck did that happen? I thought he was just a commentator?

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:36 pm

BAC is finally right, there is no difference they are all just names.

Anyone that enables a name to get under their skin is probably one gay pride parade away from switching teams.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:44 pm

91catAlum wrote:Here's one for BAC:
Hahaha I LOVE it!

No seriously, that was hilarious.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Saw a funny facebook post suggesting washington should change their mascot to a potato.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:Saw a funny facebook post suggesting washington should change their mascot to a potato.
Maybe a crutch, since they have been lame since Snyder bought them

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:00 am

As I've said before this is all much ado about nothing, so I really hope the Red Skins do not change their name. If however there is going to be a name change I hope that they become the Red Necks. This should satisfy all parties concerned.
Those that think the name should be changed would be happy because by and large they think that those who like the current name are just that, red necks so it would be appropriate that they be called what they are. Those that like the current name would be happy because technically it wouldn't be a name change at all because a neck is made of skin. Red Neck = Red Skin, they're interchangeable. And there is virtually no way that rednecks as a group will get all "sensitive about being caricatured for marketing fodder for a sports corporation". They'd welcome it. I could see this doubling or tripling the fan base for Washington. There's a mother lode of Red Neck fans just waiting to be tapped into. Thousands of red necks would leave the team they are currently loyal to and join up with the team that truly honored them. Lets GIT ER DONE! If Washington doesn't want to do it then one of the other teams with a politically incorrect name should do it. . Remember world you heard it here first. For uniforms I'm thinking tops that had a plaid flannel look and bottoms that were a faded bluejeans look. The side of the helmet could have a pic of a roll of duct tape.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:42 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:As I've said before this is all much ado about nothing, so I really hope the Red Skins do not change their name. If however there is going to be a name change I hope that they become the Red Necks. This should satisfy all parties concerned.
Those that think the name should be changed would be happy because by and large they think that those who like the current name are just that, red necks so it would be appropriate that they be called what they are. Those that like the current name would be happy because technically it wouldn't be a name change at all because a neck is made of skin. Red Neck = Red Skin, they're interchangeable. And there is virtually no way that rednecks as a group will get all "sensitive about being caricatured for marketing fodder for a sports corporation". They'd welcome it. I could see this doubling or tripling the fan base for Washington. There's a mother lode of Red Neck fans just waiting to be tapped into. Thousands of red necks would leave the team they are currently loyal to and join up with the team that truly honored them. Lets GIT ER DONE! If Washington doesn't want to do it then one of the other teams with a politically incorrect name should do it. . Remember world you heard it here first. For uniforms I'm thinking tops that had a plaid flannel look and bottoms that were a faded bluejeans look. The side of the helmet could have a pic of a roll of duct tape.
I'm offended. As a red neck, would I have to actually have a red neck, or can I wear a scarf. We are an oppressed minority that is unfairly targeted by bigoted shallow thinking people, who always resist change. I think they should become the Washington do-do birds, they are already extinct so they are not offended by using this,

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:05 am

You are either 1) Not a redneck. Or 2) need a snickers bar. You're getting a little whiney. Pull out your red snot rag or grab one of those red shop towels if you need something.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:25 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:You are either 1) Not a redneck. Or 2) need a snickers bar. You're getting a little whiney. Pull out your red snot rag or grab one of those red shop towels if you need something.
As a redneck, we do not satisfy with snickers, we need alcohol.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:15 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
91catAlum wrote:Here's one for BAC:
Hahaha I LOVE it!

No seriously, that was hilarious.
That is definitely awesome. I love articles that pokes fun at the use of sarcasm/satire from a stern and serious publication that never :wink: uses sarcasm/satire in any of their own articles. It's like a "life imitates art, and then the art pokes fun at life for imitating art, and then people poke fun at life by referencing the art," sort of thing. :lol:

rook
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by rook » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:45 pm

What about Indiana? Should they get a pass? Colts, Pacers, Hooisers, Sycamores? They should have to change their first names shouldn't they?

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:24 pm

When people complain about something as trivial as a sports team name there really should be a law REQUIRING somebody to tell them to GFT....................seriously hopscotch isnt as childish as these idiots. (No offense to the Scottish BTW)

www.maroonblood.com

Mr Lisle
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Mr Lisle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:As I've said before this is all much ado about nothing, so I really hope the Red Skins do not change their name. If however there is going to be a name change I hope that they become the Red Necks. This should satisfy all parties concerned.
Now I'm hearing that with all the violence, hostility and hatred associated with their name the Washington Redskins will simply be known as the Redskins.