Derrick Rose

The place for news, information and discussion about anything related to pro sports.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

John K
Golden Bobcat

Derrick Rose

Post by John K » Thu May 16, 2013 9:40 am

I'd be curious to hear people's opinions regarding the Derrick Rose situation, particularly from any Bulls fans out there??

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Re: Derrick Rose

Post by ilovethecats » Thu May 16, 2013 8:09 pm

as with most athletes, he was in a lose lose situation as far as fans go. he comes back and doesn't perform well or even worse, gets hurt again....and he came back too soon. he does what he did and doesn't come back until he feels he's ready and fans say he let his team down and should have played.

my take on athletes in general is i never call players out for injuries. i never assume i know how much pain they are in and i don't pretend that all injuries are the same. just because a guy like adrian peterson came back for major knee injuries in less than a year doesn't mean that's the new bar. and just because i have had ankle, knee and hip injuries doesn't make me an expert on ankle, knee and hip injuries.

finally, it baffles me that some people think that athletes would just choose not to play if they think they could. rose has done nothing but play basketball his whole life. it's what he knows and what he loves. he is a competitor. do people really believe that he thought he was good to go and just chose not to? i'll never understand that. these guys are playing games that 90% of us would love to be playing and make the money that comes with it. if they can play they'll play.

always get a kick when i hear fans thinking they know when players should be out there and calling out players with injuries. it's a joke to me. but this isn't directed at anyone here just an opinion i have on fans in general. never understood the entitlement of fans.

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 am

I have mixed feelings about this. While I believe he knows his body the best and if he says he isn't ready then I believe him. But when they show him practicing and apparently just playing lights out in practice, it gets frustrating knowing that he could've helped them out. Nate Robinson is a good player but he isn't a starting PG. And its not like he has only been practicing for a few weeks. He has been going full blast in practice for months now. I don't believe he would just sit on the bench because he didn't want to play so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. ANd all will be forgiven when he comes back next year and averages 24 and 10. Bulls need to get one more scorer this offseason in free agency. I don't see much in the draft this year. Rose at 1. Insert scorer at 2. Deng at 3. Boozer at 4. Noah at 5.

GO GRIZ!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:53 pm

He is soft

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:12 pm

who?

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."