bearBac apoligies for inflaming the kittens

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Screw the friggin' 5th best record and 7-6 two consecutive years crap... to go from 0-11 to two consecutive Big Sky co-titles, two consecutive wins over UM, and two consecutive playoff appearances, can be considered nothing more than a huge step in the right direction. Sure it isn't even close to as good as the program could become, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was, which is why we're very excited about both what has happened and what may happen in the future. The simple fact that some of you Griz fans are constantly over here spouting off about the aforementioned 7-6 and 5th best record stuff is all the proof I need that you recognize the exact same thing. If we still sucked and the Cat/Griz game was still an automatic 40-point UM win, you wouldn't be here.
Last edited by MSU01 on Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:13 am

MSU01 wrote:If we still sucked ..................you wouldn't be here.
Yes we are! We're still here! :D

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:19 pm

Bozgriz wrote:Dude, 7-6 is nothing to be excited about...
Neither are Ochs, or Rodamer from what I hear, dude. And frankly, I don't think that fat fullback you guys have trying to play RB will be all that exiting either... Lex Hilliard I like.

*Edit for more content:
bearBAC wrote:It's sad that no other team looks at the kittens with the same Awe that you see in your selves.
ROFLMAO

Did anyone else find this remark a little interesting, seeing how Griz fans are nationally known (as they like to refer to themselves) for this exact quality? I love the hilarity that some of these clowns bring to the board.

With statements like that, I think you'd better stick to efriz if you want anyone to take you seriously. Maybe you can all hold hands in a circle and dance to Cotton Eye Joe...
Last edited by GavinDonos on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:19 pm

Staledonut: You are the king of misguided opinion, and that's fine...Just one more reason to not like the cats... :lol:

I especially liked your comments on e-G R I Z where you take a portion of the Maine coach's comments and make them critical of UM fans when in fact he was praising the atmosphere...

I love the rivalry, I can't stand twisting, moronic comment... :o

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:22 pm

MSU01 wrote:Screw the friggin' 5th best record and 7-6 two consecutive years crap... to go from 0-11 to two consecutive Big Sky co-titles, two consecutive wins over UM, and two consecutive playoff appearances, can be considered nothing more than a huge step in the right direction. Sure it isn't even close to as good as the program could become, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was, which is why we're very excited about both what has happened and what may happen in the future. The simple fact that some of you Griz fans are constantly over here spouting off about the aforementioned 7-6 and 5th best record stuff is all the proof I need that you recognize the exact same thing. If we still sucked and the Cat/Griz game was still an automatic 40-point UM win, you wouldn't be here.
Now, that is good stuff. A cat fan with a rational, concise and well thought out opinion...Please help staledonut with his homework! :wink:

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:30 pm

bearBAC wrote: . Maybe you can all hold hands in a circle and dance to Cotton Eye Joe...
HILARIOUS! For some reason that puts a goofy picture in my head :)

I'm gonna talk to some of my Griz fans I work with to see if they play it opening week :)

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:33 am

Bozgriz wrote:Staledonut: You are the king of misguided opinion, and that's fine...Just one more reason to not like the cats... :lol:

I especially liked your comments on e-G R I Z where you take a portion of the Maine coach's comments and make them critical of UM fans when in fact he was praising the atmosphere...

Look, smokey, I can't help it if you haven't figured out that my posts are usually laden with sarcasm. I have neither the time, nor the desire to make sure you understand where I'm coming from, or that your fragile sense of friz isn't hurt by what I say. Hell, all you do on this board is spew "misguided opinions" (which is how this post got out of hand in the first place). Are you intentionally contradicting your words with your actions?

Along the same line, I like how you point out and criticize my use of context (again and again) when you personally take my quotes out of context (see atletics board). Yep, way to go.

What part of my opinion is misguided? Ochs hasn't been playing at all, Rodamer is not the reciever you thought you were getting, and Justin Green doesn't have the line to run with that he did last year... If he splits his time with Hilliard, he'll be effective, but if he has to carry the ball anywhere near 300 times this year he ain't gonna be worth isht by the end of the season. That is my opinion, and I go out of my way to make sure that it's a reasonably informed one. I wish you did the same.

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:38 am

GavinDonos wrote:
Bozgriz wrote:Staledonut: You are the king of misguided opinion, and that's fine...Just one more reason to not like the cats... :lol:

What part of my opinion is misguided? Ochs hasn't been playing at all, Rodamer is not the reciever you thought you were getting, and Justin Green doesn't have the line to run with that he did last year... If he splits his time with Hilliard, he'll be effective, but if he has to carry the ball anywhere near 300 times this year he ain't gonna be worth isht by the end of the season. That is my opinion, and I go out of my way to make sure that it's a reasonably informed one.

Look, little bozzy, I can't help it if you haven't figured out that my posts are usually laden with sarcasm. I have neither the time, nor the desire to make sure you understand where I'm coming from, or that your fragile sense of friz isn't hurt by what I say. Hell, all you do on this board is spew "misguided opinions" (which is how this post got out of hand in the first place). Are you intentionally contradicting your words with your actions?

Along the same line, I like how you point out and criticize my use of context (again and again) when you personally take my quotes out of context (see atletics board). Yep, way to go.

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:51 am

GavinDonos wrote:
And frankly, I don't think that fat fullback you guys have trying to play RB will be all that exiting either...
It is a well known fact that people tend to dislike what they FEAR! Can't wait till Green lays another 150 yards on you guys this year. Heck, maybe even 200!!!!

GavinDonos

Post by GavinDonos » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:57 am

VictorG wrote:It is a well known fact that people tend to dislike what they FEAR! Can't wait till Green lays another 150 yards on you guys this year. Heck, maybe even 200!!!!
Okay, thats fine. I can't wait until Craig Aches shows his stuff and fires a few more ints our way.
Last edited by GavinDonos on Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:58 am

I doubt he will run for anywhere near that many yards against our defense, but who cares? Remember, the friz lost. 27-20. He can run for 350 yards as long as the Cats win, for all I care.

GO CATS GO!!!

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:08 pm

wbtfg wrote:Hasn't the griz record gotten progressively worse over the last few years? Not to mention that loss to a D-II team.

Two words: CENTRAL WASHINGTON.......And on your homecoming none the less :lol:

I wonder how you can call a team with a 9-4 record backsliding, no matter what the records were before. This 2003 record was almost identical to our 1998 season, and Cat fans were saying the same thing at the time......

Gavin -- Where are you getting this information on Rodamer that he's not what we thought he would be? Just because he won't start right away doesn't mean anything.

FTC

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:31 pm

Where are you getting this information on Rodamer that he's not what we thought he would be? Just because he won't start right away doesn't mean anything.
This spring, Rodamer was being touted (by griz fans) as one of the best receivers in I-AA...a sure NFL prospect. Now he's not even going to be a starter??

More proof of the friz, becoming progressively worse: Two years ago you lost to us by 3 (10-7), and last year you lost by 7 (27-20), it looks like you could quite possibly lose to us by 14 this year.

I predict that coach baby hack will be ousted within 2 years. I just pray that you don't hire Mike Van Deist.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:41 pm

wbtfg wrote:I just pray that you don't hire Mike Van Deist.
wbtfg, don't tease me like that.
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:03 pm

Nick wrote:
wbtfg wrote:Hasn't the griz record gotten progressively worse over the last few years? Not to mention that loss to a D-II team.

Two words: CENTRAL WASHINGTON.......And on your homecoming none the less :lol:

I wonder how you can call a team with a 9-4 record backsliding, no matter what the records were before. This 2003 record was almost identical to our 1998 season, and Cat fans were saying the same thing at the time......

Gavin -- Where are you getting this information on Rodamer that he's not what we thought he would be? Just because he won't start right away doesn't mean anything.
Here's a quote from an article in the Helena Independent Record:

"After UM won its first 10 games in 2002, they are just 10-7 overall and 5-4 in the league. Idaho State by comparison is 12-5 and Northern Arizona 11-6 during their last 17 games. Montana State is 7-2 in its last nine league games, while UM's mark ties if for second with three other teams." I think these facts show somewhat of a "backslide". However, because of how good you've been the past few years, what would you expect... that you'd keep getting better? I don't think anyone argues that you've had an incredible run, but you didn't seriously think it would last forever did you?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bleedinbluengold

Post by Bleedinbluengold » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:44 pm

I can't wait 'til Greene lays another 150 on us either........in the fourth quarter down by 2 TD's - use the clock bobby - great call. LMAO

Yup, here's to hoping the friz rack up all those stats against the Cats just like the last 2 years.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:51 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Where are you getting this information on Rodamer that he's not what we thought he would be? Just because he won't start right away doesn't mean anything.
This spring, Rodamer was being touted (by griz fans) as one of the best receivers in I-AA...a sure NFL prospect. Now he's not even going to be a starter??

More proof of the friz, becoming progressively worse: Two years ago you lost to us by 3 (10-7), and last year you lost by 7 (27-20), it looks like you could quite possibly lose to us by 14 this year.

I predict that coach baby hack will be ousted within 2 years. I just pray that you don't hire Mike Van Deist.
Rodamer will be a starter but he is on the injured reserve list for the first few weeks.

Seven years ago you lost to us by 2, then 7, then 46 :shock: ...Trust me, we don't blow games like that. A two year streak! Enjoy it now. When the Griz start winning again I won't be surprised when MSU fans go back to hiding in the corners.

Progressively worse? To look at Montana making the playoffs with a 9-4 record is viewed as progressive decline? Wow I guess Bozeman respected us more than I thought.

Quit wasting your energy on spending every last minute to bash the Griz and cheer for your own team. Maybe someday Bobcat Stadium will actually sell out.
Last edited by Nick on Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FTC

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:55 pm

Nick wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Rodamer will be a starter but he is on the injured reserve list for the first few weeks.

Seven years ago you lost to us by 2, then 7, then 46 :shock:

Progressively worse? To look at Montana making the playoffs with a 9-4 record is viewed as progressive decline? Wow I guess Bozeman respected us more than I thought.

Quit wasting your energy on spending every last minute to bash the Griz and cheer for your own team. Maybe someday Bobcat Stadium will actually sell out.
We aren't wasting anyone's energy. Bashing the Griz is real fun, especially with Bobby Huck as coach :) And your right, maybe it will, maybe it won't. We'll just beat you in your own sold out stadium this year where next year half your fans WILL SELL OUT after we pin 3 in a row on you :)

hokeyfine
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by hokeyfine » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:48 am

nick you crack me up! i like your high school enthusiam, senior right? during your brief lifetime you've experienced the best of the griz. i remeber growing up when things were exactly opposite. remeber, the cats have 10 conference champioships and 3 national titles, the griz 12 and 2. not much difference. this rivalry goes back and forth, enjoy it for what it is.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:06 am

2 National Championships and 1 mythical National Championship. I was at Temple last year and they claim the same 1956 National Championship. They say they went undefeated and untied. The cats can't make that claim.

Edit. Not Temple, I can't remember the campus I was on. Someplace back east. I defended MSU just to take a few jabs. I vist 5 to 6 colleges a year and I just can't remember. When I do I be sure to post all the updated information on the mythical national championship. :D
Last edited by jagur1 on Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four