Spring practices/scrimmages rollcall

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ralph
BobcatNation Letterman

Spring practices/scrimmages rollcall

Post by ralph » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:38 am

Weather Dictates Montana State Spring Ball Opening
"MSU will stage its first major scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, April 3, in Great Falls. Kickoff is scheduled for 5 pm, and a Kids' Clinic will precede the scrimmage at 1 pm. The team will scrimmage on Saturday, April 10, and will wrap up spring ball with the Sonny Holland Classic at 2 pm on April 17."

Anyone going to the scrimmages? Who has been to the practices? Any comments?

------------
FCS IS BEST!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:41 am

I will be hitting the Holland Classic scrimmage on April 17th. There is also a lobster dinner that night where you can meet all the players too etc. Should be a fun time!

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:18 pm

This is the second year of the Cats/Claws Lobster Feed. Last year it was held in Brick Breeden, and it was cool. They had flashbacks from the seaon on the big screen, and the players attend as well. The difference from last year is wider selection of seafood, dancing, and its moving to the Gran Tree. I highly suggest those that can afford to attend, do so. The players need to know that those of us aren't just fair weather fans. If your in town for the scrimmage, you might as well make a Bobcat day of it. :D

ralph
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by ralph » Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:24 am

Well, at least one person will be there. ;) Everyone else is being coy.

------------
FCS IS BEST!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:26 am

I will be at the Holland classic too. Probably will not make the lobster Feed. Went to it last year and had a great time, but I'll have to miss this one!

2024 Resume dominance

Grizh8er
New Recruit

Blue Gold Scrimmage

Post by Grizh8er » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:40 pm

First, I want to give Kudos to the creators of the new site it looks great. I am going to the scrimmage this weekend. My wifes cousin is very close to the team and has said that "The defense looks a little rough to this point, but Lulay looks absolutely Phenominal"

Cats 27 Griz 20

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:45 am

From the sound of the article in the Chronicle today, it sounds like the defense knows it too. Hmm, the Chronicle web site isn't responding right now, I post the link if it comes back up.

Good to hear the offense is playing so well in the spring, as that hasn't seemed to be the case the last couple of years. But that has to be a hard pill to swallow for a defense that has been so good recently. I would say that anyone going out to watch the scrimmage tomorrow better be ready to watch the offense struggle a bit as I would bet the defense comes out a bit fired up for it and ready to prove something.

Edit to add the link: Bobcats gear up for first scrimmage
Last edited by kmax on Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon