Maintenance downtime Friday 11/25

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Maintenance downtime Friday 11/25

Post by kmax » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:43 pm

The site will be down starting Friday morning as I do some upgrades and maintenance to help with the overload we have been experiencing. I will get things back up and going as quickly as possible. I will put updates on our Facebook page as necessary.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Maintenance downtime Friday 11/25

Post by kmax » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Alright, I think I have things back up and going for now. It took longer than I expected so my apologies. As you may notice it is likely that you will have to re-login to the board. Should any of you have forgotten your password please use the reset password option on the login page.

There are still some further upgrades that need to happen but as this maintenance took longer than I expected I am going to put that off for now. Hopefully these upgrades will help some with the board offline issues we have seen at peak usage times.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Kevin

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 pm

I keep getting logged out every time I leave BN, even if I don't close the browser. My only issue.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:30 pm

CatBlitz wrote:I keep getting logged out every time I leave BN, even if I don't close the browser. My only issue.
Thanks, I've been seeing this as well. Trying to figure out what is going on but unfortunately no answers yet.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Alright, I think I have finally gotten the issues fixed so that you are no longer logged out of the board each time you leave and return. You may have to log in one more time upon viewing this after the fix I just made but following that if you select the checkbox to "log you in automatically" you should now stay logged in even after navigating away from the board or closing and reopening your browser. Please let me know if anyone is still having any issues. Thanks again everyone for your patience.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:39 pm

I am still getting the Board is temporarily unavailable, usually after I have looked at a couple of threads.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Yep, unfortunately I am aware. Thanks for the heads up though, I'm trying to work through it all.