Football Practice Pics!

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Football Practice Pics!

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:52 pm

Thanks go out to GOKATS for the great pictures to ease the suffering of the Bobcat Faithful thirsting for football.

First two Training Camp Practice Pics

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:04 am

New pics are up of the first fall scrimmage from 8/20/05 courtesy of CelticCat.

You can view by clicking here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:42 am

Both of these galleries of photos have been taken down at the request of the MSU Athletic Department and Football coaches. I apologize to all you football hungry fans out there in BobcatNation, hopefully somebody that is going down to Stillwater can get us some pics of that game that we can put up.

ticket5634
New Recruit

True

Post by ticket5634 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 pm

Well let me just say that its unique.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:46 am

kmax wrote:Both of these galleries of photos have been taken down at the request of the MSU Athletic Department and Football coaches. I apologize to all you football hungry fans out there in BobcatNation, hopefully somebody that is going down to Stillwater can get us some pics of that game that we can put up.
Why did they want them taken down? B.S. if you ask me.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:35 am

First off let me just note that this is an old post that was brought back up when ticket responded. These pictures were removed in August, not recently.

As to the question of why they wanted them taken down. At the time, the football team was preparing for the opening game against Oklahoma State. The other moderators and I recieved an email from someone in the MSU athletic department asking if we would please take down the pictures. Word was that they were not exchanging any new tape with OSU before the game, and didn't want any pictures that would possible show new alignments to OSU publicly available. I didn't really think there was much to be gained from any of our pictures, but then I have never claimed to be a college football coach so I said no problem and took them down. The three of us that run BobcatNation have managed to keep a pretty good informal relationship with people in the MSU athletic department, and we preferred to keep it that way rather than argue about showing a few pictures of fall practices.

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:26 am

kmax wrote:First off let me just note that this is an old post that was brought back up when ticket responded. These pictures were removed in August, not recently.

As to the question of why they wanted them taken down. At the time, the football team was preparing for the opening game against Oklahoma State. The other moderators and I recieved an email from someone in the MSU athletic department asking if we would please take down the pictures. Word was that they were not exchanging any new tape with OSU before the game, and didn't want any pictures that would possible show new alignments to OSU publicly available. I didn't really think there was much to be gained from any of our pictures, but then I have never claimed to be a college football coach so I said no problem and took them down. The three of us that run BobcatNation have managed to keep a pretty good informal relationship with people in the MSU athletic department, and we preferred to keep it that way rather than argue about showing a few pictures of fall practices.
I realize it was old, I had just never read this post before. Thanks though.