SAY IT AINT SO!!! (Note: Hoax!)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Re: SAY IT AINT SO!!!

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:16 pm

TomCat88 wrote: Beating out a senior, who started the previous year, would be difficult to do.
Well...he did that this year so... :wink:

This smells like a prank to me.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:20 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
TomCat88 wrote: Beating out a senior, who started the previous year, would be difficult to do.

True, but no one has addressed it yet and the longer it hangs out there the more you wonder. I would say this isn't something positive going into the weekend's game. If I'm a teammate I'd want to know what's up pronto and would be pretty deflated about it. Everyone I told today turned as white as a ghost with the news. Probably doesn't help the capital campaign either.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

SAY IT AINT SO!!!

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Cats15 wrote:I was reading an article on McGee in the Billings Gazzette and read through some of the discussions and this is what one TCU fan wrote
Not to burst the cats fans bubble, but I have heard from several good sources, that McGhee is seriously considering transfering up to TCU next year. His uncle, clay jennings, is an assistant there and we don't have much for quarterbacks after Daulton graduates. Fort worth is a half hour from his hometown and I think we might get him back to the area, that's the word out here anyway. Your loss would be our gain. It's possible to have "too good" of a freshman year, for the fans anyway.
What is the chances of the actually happening!? I hope .0000001%

here is the article http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 03286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is it possible for a (so called) tcu fan posting on the gazette blog to get dUMb post of the week? Also it's interesting that he found the gazette, but not bobcatnation..gimme a break.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

SAY IT AINT SO!!!

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

True, but no one has addressed it yet and the longer it hangs out there the more you wonder. I would say this isn't something positive going into the weekend's game. If I'm a teammate I'd want to know what's up pronto and would be pretty deflated about it. Everyone I told today turned as white as a ghost with the news. Probably doesn't help the capital campaign either.
Tom, do you (or Will) have any connections at the gazette to verify that this poster is a fraud?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Cats15 wrote:I was reading an article on McGee in the Billings Gazzette and read through some of the discussions and this is what one TCU fan wrote
Not to burst the cats fans bubble, but I have heard from several good sources, that McGhee is seriously considering transfering up to TCU next year. His uncle, clay jennings, is an assistant there and we don't have much for quarterbacks after Daulton graduates. Fort worth is a half hour from his hometown and I think we might get him back to the area, that's the word out here anyway. Your loss would be our gain. It's possible to have "too good" of a freshman year, for the fans anyway.
What is the chances of the actually happening!? I hope .0000001%

here is the article http://billingsgazette.com/sports/colle ... 03286.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is it possible for a (so called) tcu fan posting on the gazette blog to get dUMb post of the week? Also it's interesting that he found the gazette, but not bobcatnation..gimme a break.
Not hard to do really. If you Google Denarius+McGhee that blog story from the Gazette is the fifth result on the first page. If you were a TCU fan you might do just that and find that story, read it and post about it.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Maybe that is because our Mods, would be able to ID the culprit and call them out.

i am not following the post about no one addressing it yet. This is a Board, the gazette has a board. Who is supposed to address it, if our coaches and players are doing their jobs they do not know anything about this and are preparing for this weeks game. Even if he did leave it should not affect this season, lets stay in the here and now. There are many things that can happen over the next 3 1/2 years.

Sports is not bigger than life

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:30 pm

wbtfg wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
BelgradeBobcat wrote:

Tom, do you (or Will) have any connections at the gazette to verify that this poster is a fraud?
Yes, Greg Rachac, but he might not be able to do that due to some kind of policy. That and it's the kind of post that brings readers to their blog.

toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 pm

This sounds like a job for.... SUUUUPER WILL!... aka will holden... Will, could you please just get to the bottom of this BS, let everyone know the sky is NOT falling, so we can once again focus on NAU....

FTG- GO CATS GO!

MSUcantouchus
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUcantouchus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:45 pm

It would take a very confident and cocky guy to do this, I dont see McGhee being that guy. I also think he is a man of character and he gave his word to play at MSU and don't think he plans to break it. That would be a pretty low thing to do.

I hate dark pink

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Will reporting that McGhee calls the rumor false:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ap ... ts/?p=6772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:21 pm

I have to admit, I found it skeptical all along, but now am a bit relieved :oops: :D Three more years of DMAC sounds awesome!!!

O and thanks Will for following up on that. It was a negative story from the get go and needed to be clarified(and gone). Again, thanks for doing a great job.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:28 pm

if you go to the the article and then go to the discussion part and click on his TCUfan he has been a member of gazzette dicussion group since march 27 of 2009 so this isnt some member just from the web looking up stuff about dm it is someone here in montana. So I wouldnt believe this its gossip. just some griz fan trying to start crap.

Rest In peace dad.

SaxCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by SaxCat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Makes me glad on two levels.

1. DM is here to stay.
2. That we have someone like Will around to massage our collective neuroses.

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Good job Will but not many of us didn't believed it in the first place but still relieved. Its not hard to change your display name without having to create a new profile so this person has been a member of the gazette for quite awhile. So i say we find this person [-X and make him our wawawaterboy.
Last edited by bobcatozzy on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rest In peace dad.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:45 pm

:goodpost: :
"That there is some good H20" :rofl:

Bobcat Sig
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat Sig » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 am

Glad to see that Will is looking out for our collective cardiac health. =D^

Though I still think the rumor is plausible if highly unlikely. Now ... about NAU. :D

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:00 am

Thank you everyone for posting your thoughts to my original post. I usually don't bring rumors to this board but I, like many of you, when read this was in shock and thought there may be some small truth to it. If I had thought and read a little more into the "TCUfan" message I am sure I would have convinced myself that it was just a prank or an absurd comment. I was unaware to the rules and what it takes to actually move up and from how "TCUfan" wrote it, made it sound somewhat plausible. Thank you Will for getting to the bottom of this little internet rumor. Now knowing this is completely false I feel bad for bringing it to this board and having it gone so far as to asking McGee if it was true or not...( Man the power of this board! :D ) but at least I can sleep a little better now :wink:

Mods, feel free to delete this entire Subject so we may never think of this possibility ever again!

gocats

Post by gocats » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 am

Water suckx, it really really sux. Wtaer sux, it really really sux. Gatorade is better.
No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong. Mama's right.
I love my mama very much, now you know that.
Probably the single all time greatest sports movie ever. lol
Had a guy want to fight me one day over that remark.

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

Viva Los Gatos
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Viva Los Gatos » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 am

Jeezus…Some of you insecure a-holes are acting like you’re dating a chick way out of your league. Denarius likes you, okay. He really, really likes you. So stop checking his text messages. Stop asking him “who was that?” whenever he waves at someone. Stop holding on to his arm so tight that he loses feelings in his fingers. He’s not going anywhere.

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, go take a look at yourself in the mirror and repeat after me.

I’m good enough
I’m smart enough
And gulldurnit, Denarius likes me.

Hell, he should like you. Why wouldn’t he, you’re a handsome man. You think some swingin’ d!ck down in Texas can pull him away from you just because everything in Texas is bigger? F#ck off! Not today Kemosabe.

Over the next 3.5 years you and Denarius are going to make some serious magic. Now sack up, get your ass back out there, and show Denarius why he chose you.

Now I'm done...
Last edited by Viva Los Gatos on Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Destroyer
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by The Destroyer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 am

The thing that had me worried the most was the part about McGhee saying he came to MSU because he wanted to win championships.......after winning the title this year 8) I thought maybe he would try to go win a championship at the next level.

Glad McGhee put it to rest......back to back to back to back titles it is for the Cats!! =P~

The poster formerly known as MM7CAT