Login Problems--Use Temporary URL

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Login Problems--Use Temporary URL

Post by kmax » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:01 am

I have gotten some inquiries from some folks about not being log onto the boards properly right now even thought the bobcatnation.com url is once again funtioning. At this time the domain is working and properly redirecting to the site, however I am still have issues with the registrar and do not have full control to ensure that this may not become non-functioning without notice. For this reason I have left the message board set up to use the temporary domain of bobcatnation.us for the time being until I can ensure that the .com domain will not have any further issues. Please, until further notice continue to access and log into the message boards by going to http://www.bobcatnation.us/bobcatbb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I apologize for all of the inconvenience.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Re: Login Problems--Use Temporary URL

Post by cats2506 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 am

Thanks Kmax, this worked for me,

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:36 am

I was using the temporary URL, but tried .com after your post & it works fine for me.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 am

GOKATS wrote:I was using the temporary URL, but tried .com after your post & it works fine for me.
You may be able to log in using .com, but likely won't stay logged in as currently the cookie on the board is set up to use the .us domain so you will not get a cookie properly set to keep you logged in.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:22 am

kmax wrote:
GOKATS wrote:I was using the temporary URL, but tried .com after your post & it works fine for me.
You may be able to log in using .com, but likely won't stay logged in as currently the cookie on the board is set up to use the .us domain so you will not get a cookie properly set to keep you logged in.
I was about to comment on that, but you just answered the question- Thanks!

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....