Welcome back!! PLEASE READ and REPORT PROBLEMS HERE!

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Welcome back!! PLEASE READ and REPORT PROBLEMS HERE!

Post by mslacat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Kmax

It is a mystery to me. I have checked my junk mail folders, and rechecked all of my Bobcatnation.com personal setting and as far as I can tell I should be receiving email notifications but I am not. The only thing I can think of is that Possibly my ISP (Bresnan.net) might have some type of spam filter that is blocking them. Anyone else using Brenan.net who are either getting or not getting the notifications.

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 am

mslacat wrote:Kmax

It is a mystery to me. I have checked my junk mail folders, and rechecked all of my Bobcatnation.com personal setting and as far as I can tell I should be receiving email notifications but I am not. The only thing I can think of is that Possibly my ISP (Bresnan.net) might have some type of spam filter that is blocking them. Anyone else using Brenan.net who are either getting or not getting the notifications.
I'm not on Bresan, but I'm still not getting the notifications either. I have also checked junk mail and BN settings. My notifications go to my business e-mail address, and I know that our corporate system filters some incoming mail, without it even going into my own junk mail folder. I always received the notifications before BN went down though....it is just since it came back online, they I am no longer getting them.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 am

John K and mslacat have done a couple tests for me recently and based on that I had an idea that I hope may fix the email problems that are being seen for some users. I have made some changes to the mailing system on the message board here, so anyone that is having problems please let me know if you can receive the mail notifications from the board now. Likewise, anyone that was receiving mail just fine from the board previously that suddenly has any problems please let me know.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:38 pm

mslacat wrote:Kmax

Kind of late to the party on this one, but I'm pretty sure Bresnan doesn't have a spam filter and if they do, it's the chittiest one ever created. I have a Bresnan account that I use sparingly with selected people and two brokers and yet I still manage to get dozens of loan offers and giant cocks.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:44 pm

This really isn't a problem so much as a complaint/suggestion. Would it be possible that once you've exited the site, that any threads you didn't read would not show in "red" (e.g. unread) in perpetuity? There are some threads pages ago that just don't interest me all that much, and I don't want to read the last post in them to get the Red icon off. Does that make sense?

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:01 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:This really isn't a problem so much as a complaint/suggestion. Would it be possible that once you've exited the site, that any threads you didn't read would not show in "red" (e.g. unread) in perpetuity? There are some threads pages ago that just don't interest me all that much, and I don't want to read the last post in them to get the Red icon off. Does that make sense?
That is actually a new feature of this version of the board software, the information on read and unread threads is no longer cookie based so it can keep track of what you have and haven't read in a much better manner than before. If you have read everything that you wish to read and want to mark everything else as "read" so you don't see the new icons just click the "Mark forums read" link on the right side just above the forum listings to mark all topics in all forums as "read" or click the "Mark topics read" link on the right side above the topics in any given forum to mark just those topics in that individual forum as read.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Exxxxxxxcellent! Thank you, Kmax!!

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.