Daylight Savings Time

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Daylight Savings Time

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I forgot to post this on Saturday and mquast's post in the Feedback forum reminded me.

Unfortunately, one of the limitations of the phpBB board software that we use is that it does not automatically adjust for Daylight Savings time. Each user is allowed to set the timezone they wish to see times in, thus everyone must update their profile with the time setting if they want to see the adjusted Daylight Savings time.

To do this, when logged into the board click on the Profile button at the top of any board page. In there towards the bottom you will see an entry for "Timezone", simply adjust that one hour ahead--for instance if previously you had it at "GMT -7 Hours" which is Montana non-Daylight time change it to be "GMT -6 Hours". Then save your profile and all times should be correct.

I have already modified the main board time that is used when viewing the board as a guest, so any guests should be seeing times listed in Mountain Daylight time.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:29 pm

bump

Just a reminder as I am sure the question will pop-up again this year.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image