Settings

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Settings

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 pm

Hey Mods, how come when I close the browser and come back later, all of the threads are shown as being read, even if I didn't get to them all? Is there something with my settings that I need to change?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BearCat » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Mine does the same thing on occasion.

Sincerely, Avid Griz & Bobcat Fan!

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:00 pm

I will reply just to let you know I have read it ... but my answer is, unfortunately, "I don't know."

That happens to me sometimes as well, but usually it works right.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks BAC. Just a slight annoyance that I can live with

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:40 am

Sounds like a cookies thing to me. I am guessing your cookies expire every time you close your browser. If you change that, I am guessing the problem will be fixed.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 am

rtb wrote:Sounds like a cookies thing to me. I am guessing your cookies expire every time you close your browser. If you change that, I am guessing the problem will be fixed.
:thumbup: What he said!

The "marked as read or unread" stuff is all handled by cookies. I would suggest following the instructions in this thread to ensure everything is cleared out. The log back in, and make sure you check the box to keep you logged in. Additionally as rtb said check your browser settings to ensure that you don't have it set to clear cookies whenever you exit your browser.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:15 am

mmmmmmmmm......cookies

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:16 am

Just keep the crumbs out of your keyboard 95 and you'll be fine.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am

kmax wrote:Just keep the crumbs out of your keyboard 95 and you'll be fine.
But I need something to soak up all the beer already in there.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:28 am

HelenaCat95 wrote:
kmax wrote:Just keep the crumbs out of your keyboard 95 and you'll be fine.
But I need something to soak up all the beer already in there.
Stale pretzel crumbs work better.

JC69

KMAX

Post by JC69 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Kmax -- I have three pm's in my "outbox" that I thought I had sent. How do I send them from there. I reviewed them for spelling etc then hit submit, and that's where they end up. I'm not over capacity, cookies are on, etc, but this has me puzzled. I didn't see it in the FAQ either.

Thanks JC69

SonomaCat

Re: KMAX

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:27 pm

JC69 wrote:Kmax -- I have three pm's in my "outbox" that I thought I had sent. How do I send them from there. I reviewed them for spelling etc then hit submit, and that's where they end up. I'm not over capacity, cookies are on, etc, but this has me puzzled. I didn't see it in the FAQ either.

Thanks JC69
They sit in your outbox until the recipient reads them, and then they go to your "sent" box. You've done all you need to do ... not it's up to the recipient to complete the process.

kmax
Site Admin

Re: KMAX

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:46 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
JC69 wrote:Kmax -- I have three pm's in my "outbox" that I thought I had sent. How do I send them from there. I reviewed them for spelling etc then hit submit, and that's where they end up. I'm not over capacity, cookies are on, etc, but this has me puzzled. I didn't see it in the FAQ either.

Thanks JC69
They sit in your outbox until the recipient reads them, and then they go to your "sent" box. You've done all you need to do ... not it's up to the recipient to complete the process.
Wow, I'm impressed, BAC comes up with the technical answer. :thumbup: ;)

In all seriousness, he is correct. As I mentioned in the response to your PM, our PM system is a little different from an email program like Outlook. Since all messages stay within our system, they stay in your outbox until the recipient reads it at which point it moves to your sentbox.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:28 am

I was due, and I had the shot in my sights ... I HAD to take it. :wink:

JC69

Post by JC69 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:27 am

OK, Thanks... It had me puzzled... You guys are SMART!!