Mike Bass

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Mike Bass

Post by Robcat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:21 am

Anybody on campus seen or heard anything on Bass? Plus what happened to his little brother?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:24 am

As of now, Bass has not registered for classes. Things aren't looking great.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:31 am

wbtfg wrote:As of now, Bass has not registered for classes. Things aren't looking great.
It sounds like he's not coming. That frees up another scholarship slot.

Cat Pride
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat Pride » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:32 am

wbtfg wrote:As of now, Bass has not registered for classes. Things aren't looking great.
I guess that depends on how you look at things. My way of thinking is this: (and obviously its the only way of thinking and definitely the right way of thinking too) :wink:

If Bass comes, he HAS to come so he can participate in spring drills. If Bass doesnt come until this summer, I doubt he will be able to gel with the team, and I'd also question his attitude towards the team as well. He would add much needed speed and some good competition to the RB core no question.

If he doesnt come, no sweat, we dont necessarily need a one year possibly troubled kid with baggage. Give his scholarship to a MT high school kid or a well deserving walk on who actually want to attend and graduate from Thee Montana State University.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:58 am

OK I did a little "looking" as of today this is what I have been able to determine, Mike Bass is still on target, but there is some academic work that needs to be done before he enrolls, I'm told. The coaches are still hopeful...
Last edited by mslacat on Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:04 pm

So are we planning on seeing him this summer? I assume he won't have his academic issues ironed out within the next day or so.

Maybe the coaches never planned on having Bass for the spring semester.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:23 pm

mslacat wrote:OK I did a little "looking" as of today this is what I have been able to determine, Mike Bass is still on target, but there is some academic work that needs to be done before he enrolls, I'm told. The coaches are still hopeful...
I am not sure as to whether the academic issues are transcipt type issues that will still allow him to enrol spring semester or not until the fall. I think it is very doubtful for his brother. I might have some more info later,

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:38 pm

You guys got someone staking out the airport? Bozeman paparazzi?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:42 pm

I am currently positioned in a lawn chair with a set of binoculars next to Highway 191 near Big Sky, in case he is driving up from California. I hope he shows up soon, it's getting rather windy and my supply of beer is running low.

Robcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Robcat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:47 pm

MSU01, I have a friend that has a condo nearby, he could send in beer reinforcements. It would be nice if you would hold your position.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:51 pm

velochat wrote:You guys got someone staking out the airport? Bozeman paparazzi?
NAW........ That restraining order kind of stopped that for me. :wink:

I just have a friend who said he might drop me a line later

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:22 pm

Like I said in the smack forum, I live near the airport so could set up the spotting scope to check in coming flights, just worried might end up with my name on some national watch list or something. :shock:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:28 pm

kmax wrote:Like I said in the smack forum, I live near the airport so could set up the spotting scope to check in coming flights, just worried might end up with my name on some national watch list or something. :shock:
Just don't use your laser pointer....you would be added to the quickly building list of folks being watched.

velochat

Post by velochat » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:28 pm

Don't use the laser. If you spot him, give us a full report on his "bling bling"!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:40 am

This Bass kid had better show up soon...I've got a set of night-vision goggles but I'm freezing my ass off out here.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:21 am

Conventional science shows that drinking alcohol actually makes you colder by constricting blood vessels... but I say that you buck the liberally-based "science" and prove them wrong by keeping a cold frosty one in hand until Mike shows up! :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:31 am

BozoneCat wrote:Conventional science shows that drinking alcohol actually makes you colder by constricting blood vessels... but I say that you buck the liberally-based "science" and prove them wrong by keeping a cold frosty one in hand until Mike shows up! :wink:
Better be carefull! You are starting to soulnd like a UM grad here bucking science and all! :D

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:49 pm

"Actually there, Narmy - brain cells are not unlike the great herds of buffalo that used to roam the plains. The weaker animals would be more succeptable to disease and predators, therefore more apt to die or be left behind. This was good because it insured the strengh of the herd as a whole. Beer and brain cells work the same way. Drinking beer kills off the weakest cells first... that's why you're always smarter after a few beers." 8)

See? Told you I had cabin fever... :roll:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!