Griz vrs Carrol....Nahhhhhhh

The place for news, information and discussion of athletics at "other" schools.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Griz vrs Carrol....Nahhhhhhh

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:23 am

This is a portion of an artical in the Billings Gazette today, I got a big laugh out of it,
.....Thumbs up, University of Montana football. The stars aligned during the playoffs and the Grizzlies advanced to the I-AA title game. Maybe the Bobby Hauck bandwagon will finally take on some new passengers.

Thumbs down, the 2005 UM football schedule. So much for bringing in quality I-AA programs for the faithful to watch. If we recall, NAIA national champion Carroll College defeated Central Washington in the season opener this year. How about saving some money, keep the interest in-state and have the Grizzlies play the Saints? .....
The Cats did not make the artical.

Full artical:
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.p ... thumbs.inc

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:32 pm

It's "article," not artical. It's "Carroll," not Carrol.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:47 pm

OK fine I'll take that, but answer me, if the Griz need home games to pay off Hogan's legacy, and yet they are still want to play as tough schedule as possible to get them ready for the play-offs. Why not play Carroll!? Certainly a D-1AA champion contender can give the NAIA D2 Champion a good game! Surely you could substitute one of the South West Beauty Technical Colleges for Carroll.

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:25 pm

As a UM and Carroll grad, I would love seeing that game. I'd cheer for the Griz and I'd pray for the Saints. The Saints probably would like it too, but it's a no-winner for the Griz, being even worse than playing CWU. If the Griz win, it's meaningless, and if the don't win, they are sunk. By the way, Carroll did not just beat CWU in this season's opener, the Saints beat the higher-division team last year at CWU. And I hate to pick at scabs, dear 'Cat fan, but I seem to remember in 2002, CWU beat the 'Cats at Bozeman, and the Central Washington coach suggested after that game that the Saints (whom CWU beat the week before), were tougher than the 'Cats because CWU had had to make adjustments for Carroll, but not for MSU. Both UM and MSU should remember that a CWU game is unpredictible. Seems the Griz have a lot to lose if they don't thump CWU convincingly. With the bucks the Griz make on home games, that $1 million deficit should by all rights be paid off by this year's schedule and next's year's as well. I hope so. Happy New Year 'Cat fans. Be safe this weekend.

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:58 pm

what do you know. The CWU game this last year against Carroll was at Carroll and it was a close game- Carroll pulled one out in the last minute of the game. When we lost to them, they beat us when we were pretty damn bad...for you to even suggest that Carroll would give us a game is ridiculous- It is a different level- the trenches alone would not let Carroll win the game. There is also a little thing called depth that Carroll might be lacking when compared to that of MSU. This Carroll argument chaps my ass worse then them all- I am from Helena and love the Saints, but it is just a different game and yyou know it. Bring on Carroll- I for one would love to kick their ass.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:09 pm

GFGriz wrote:As a UM and Carroll grad, I would love seeing that game. I'd cheer for the Griz and I'd pray for the Saints. The Saints probably would like it too, but it's a no-winner for the Griz, being even worse than playing CWU. If the Griz win, it's meaningless, and if the don't win, they are sunk. By the way, Carroll did not just beat CWU in this season's opener, the Saints beat the higher-division team last year at CWU. And I hate to pick at scabs, dear 'Cat fan, but I seem to remember in 2002, CWU beat the 'Cats at Bozeman, and the Central Washington coach suggested after that game that the Saints (whom CWU beat the week before), were tougher than the 'Cats because CWU had had to make adjustments for Carroll, but not for MSU. Both UM and MSU should remember that a CWU game is unpredictible. Seems the Griz have a lot to lose if they don't thump CWU convincingly. With the bucks the Griz make on home games, that $1 million deficit should by all rights be paid off by this year's schedule and next's year's as well. I hope so. Happy New Year 'Cat fans. Be safe this weekend.
And it seems to me that same MSU team that lost to CWU that year beat the Grizzlies in their own stadium ... WOW! :shock: MSU's offense was out of sink early in that season and Lulay was the starter after that game and the rest is history.

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:33 pm

suckitgriz wrote:what do you know. The CWU game this last year against Carroll was at Carroll and it was a close game- Carroll pulled one out in the last minute of the game. When we lost to them, they beat us when we were pretty damn bad...for you to even suggest that Carroll would give us a game is ridiculous- It is a different level- the trenches alone would not let Carroll win the game. There is also a little thing called depth that Carroll might be lacking when compared to that of MSU. This Carroll argument chaps my ass worse then them all- I am from Helena and love the Saints, but it is just a different game and yyou know it. Bring on Carroll- I for one would love to kick their ass.
Hmmm. Actually, I didn't suggest anything about a Carroll - 'Cat game. That wouldn't be very interesting at all. But a Carroll - Montana game would be interesting given they are both recent participants in and winners of national championships, with Carroll winning three in a row and Montana being in the NC three times in the last 5 years and winning it in 2001. That's all I meant. That was the underlying basis for my comments, and certainly NOT a game between either of this state's perennial national contenders and the 'Cats. I hope you calm down. I'm really concerned at these unreal conclusions to which you are jumping. :o

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:35 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
GFGriz wrote:As a UM and Carroll grad, I would love seeing that game. I'd cheer for the Griz and I'd pray for the Saints. The Saints probably would like it too, but it's a no-winner for the Griz, being even worse than playing CWU. If the Griz win, it's meaningless, and if the don't win, they are sunk. By the way, Carroll did not just beat CWU in this season's opener, the Saints beat the higher-division team last year at CWU. And I hate to pick at scabs, dear 'Cat fan, but I seem to remember in 2002, CWU beat the 'Cats at Bozeman, and the Central Washington coach suggested after that game that the Saints (whom CWU beat the week before), were tougher than the 'Cats because CWU had had to make adjustments for Carroll, but not for MSU. Both UM and MSU should remember that a CWU game is unpredictible. Seems the Griz have a lot to lose if they don't thump CWU convincingly. With the bucks the Griz make on home games, that $1 million deficit should by all rights be paid off by this year's schedule and next's year's as well. I hope so. Happy New Year 'Cat fans. Be safe this weekend.
And it seems to me that same MSU team that lost to CWU that year beat the Grizzlies in their own stadium ... WOW! :shock: MSU's offense was out of sink early in that season and Lulay was the starter after that game and the rest is history.
Granted

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:36 pm

sweet man- I can tell that you know a whole bunch about football when you are making such stupid comparisons. The day Carroll could beat the CATS is the day that i will be a jizz fan.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:42 pm

GFGriz wrote:It's "article," not artical. It's "Carroll," not Carrol.
And this is a sports message board, not a term paper being marked for spelling and punctuation.

Spelling is mslacat's Achilles heel, :wink: but who cares? It's what he says that matters to me, and he is a tremendous source of information and a valuable contributor to discussions on this board.

GO CATS GO!!!

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:01 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
And this is a sports message board, not a term paper being marked for spelling and punctuation.

Spelling is mslacat's Achilles heel, :wink: but who cares? It's what he says that matters to me, and he is a tremendous source of information and a valuable contributor to discussions on this board.
That's "Achilles' heal," not "Achilles heal." :wink:

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:24 pm

GFGriz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Good catch, but it is "heel," not "heal." Right back atcha! :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:03 am

OUCH! :?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

GFGriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by GFGriz » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:31 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
GFGriz wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Good catch, but it is "heel," not "heal." Right back atcha! :wink:
Excellent! 8)