Bozeman: Center of the Prep Volleyball world this week

A mellow place for Bobcats to discuss topics free of political posturing

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Bozeman: Center of the Prep Volleyball world this week

Post by mslacat » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:44 am

There is going to a heck of a Volleyball tourniment in Bozeman this week. The Highschool state Voleyball tourney has taken a que from the wrestlers and has their All Class State tournement in Bozeman this week! Every single top volleyball team will be in Bozeman this week end so If you like Volleyball Get out and take in some Games!

A preview:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 80328/1006

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:53 pm

I attended for a couple of hours Friday afternoon. This is quite a scene and very energetic. There were four tournaments going on simultaneously in the fieldhouse. Two courts side by side in the middle and two more on each end. I'm sure there are kinks to work out, but I think this was pretty exciting for the 24 teams in Bozeman.

One thing that was kind of odd was that IMO the AA had the worst location of the four classes, from a viewing standpoint. One of the biggest drawbacks was that the newspaper never managed to print any kind of a schedule. They had brackets, but no times. I'm sure that prevented a few of the locals from turning out. I hope they do it again. I imagine the fieldhouse and Metra are the only arenas in Montana where this could be done.

velochat

Post by velochat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:03 am

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/p ... 40326/1006

This is a pretty glowing report from the tournament. I hope it happens again. Maybe the Chronicle can publish a schedule next time. Things were hopping around town with 32 teams and fans having a good time.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:34 am

Can you imagine the Bozeman atmosphere at this time next year with all-class v-ball tourney, Cat/Griz, and possibly hosting the BSC v-ball tourney? Start reserving your hotel rooms now, or you may have to stay in Butte.

velochat

Post by velochat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:41 am

I would think they would try to separate the Catfriz and high school volleyball events. It would be great to have the Big Sky tournament at the same time as either event, though. I think the high school players would be thrilled to see D1 volleyball.