2007 BobcatNation Bracket Challenge Info and Rules!!

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

2007 BobcatNation Bracket Challenge Info and Rules!!

Post by kmax » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:42 am

The 3rd annual BobcatNation Bracket challenge is ready to roll!! Last year we increased our entries to 69 people playing, so let's see if we can get even more people involved this year. As always, all it takes to enter is login to the BobcatNation message boards and you can again win some cool BobcatNation merchandise.

Prizes Breakdown:
1st Prize: Winner's choice of any 1 (one) item from the BobcatNation store (up to $29.99 value)

2nd Prize: Runner-Up's choice of a BobcatNation mug ($13.99 value) or a BobcatNation Stein ($16.99 value)

Consolation: For the entry with the most correct First round picks, that does not win either the 1st or 2nd Place prize, a choice of a BobcatNation sticker pack or a BobcatNation License Plate Frame($14.99 value). The sticker pack will be 1 (one) each of the three BobcatNation stickers, Oval Sticker, Rectangular Sticker & Bumper Sticker ($10.97 value)

Official Contest Rules:
1. Staff of BobcatNation.com (Bay Area Cat, kmax & rtb) will not be eligible for a prize but will be allowed to compete in the contest. Should any staff member win the contest, the prize will be awarded to the next highest eligible entry based on scoring and tiebreaker rules listed below.

2. The Bracket Challenge is completely free to enter, however a valid BobcatNation.com message board login is required to submit a bracket entry.

3. Only one bracket entry will be allowed per message board user.

4. Submissions will be accepted beginning as soon after Selection Sunday(Mar. 11th) as we can get the teams entered until 10:20 AM Mountain time on Thursday Mar. 15th.

5. Once submitted, all brackets are final and cannot be modified.

6. Scoring of the bracket entries will be as follows:
• 1 point per correct Round 1 pick – Maximum 32 points possible for Round 1
• 2 points per correct Round 2 pick – Maximum 32 points possible for Round 2
• 4 points per correct Sweet Sixteen pick – Maximum 32 points possible for Round of Sixteen
• 6 points per correct Elite Eight pick – Maximum 24 points possible for Round of Eight
• 8 points per correct Final Four pick – Maximum 16 points possible for Semi-Finals
• 12 points for correct Finals pick

7. The winner of the 2007 BobcatNation.com Bracket Challenge and recipient of eternal message board praise will be the entry with the most points per the scoring system above.

8. Should more than one entry be tied following the conclusion of the tournament, all ties will be broken by first looking at the most correct first round picks, then the most correct second round picks, etc. until a winner is found. Should more than one entry still be tied after this, a coin flip will decide the winner.

9. The winner of the contest will be contacted following conclusion of the contest via both message board private message and at the email address listed in their message board profile. BobcatNation.com will make every effort to contact the winner, however we are not responsible for failure of winner to check private messages or provide a valid email address. All prizes will be shipped directly to the winners.

10. Game results will be updated as regularly as possible throughout the tournament. As soon as game results are updated, scores for all entries will be recalculated. Please be patient, we are all busy and we may not be able to update the results immediately after each game.

11. These rules are subject to change to ensure the integrity of the game. Any changes to these rules will be announced in this post. Official rules can always be found at http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard ... 180#126180

12. Any attempt to circumvent the rules of this contest or alter its outcome by a user will result in immediate disqualification of entry and banning from BobcatNation message boards.

Bracket Submission and Results Viewing Instructions
To submit your bracket go to http://www.bobcatnation.com/bracket/bracket.php (remember all brackets must be in by 10:00 am Mountain, Thursday March 16th)

To view brackets that have been submitted as well as results once the tourney gets underway go to http://www.bobcatnation.com/bracket/standings.php You will also be taken to this page after submitting your bracket.

Hopefully there will be no probems for anyway in using the bracket submission page. A couple of notes and known issues for users:

1. The page has been tested on IE 5.5, IE 6.0, IE 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and Firefox 2.0 and is generally working on these. You will need to have at least IE 5.0 or higher or a recent version of Mozilla/Firefox, though only the previously mentioned have actually been tested. I am not a Mac user, so I have no idea whether the page will work with Safari or not.

2. You will need to have cookies and javascript enable to use the page.

3. It is recommended that you have a resolution of at least 1024x768. The page should work at lesser resolutions, but may be difficult to use.

4. Two known issues: On IE 6.0, the bracket is being displayed wider than it should for some reason. My apologies, but users of this version may have a bit of horizontal scrolling to submit their entries. On Firefox, sometimes when loading the bracket some of the bracket lines are not showing up. All teams load and the page is fully functional, but you may not be able to see some of the bracket lines. If you can't understand the bracket without the lines, reload the page until all lines show, they should eventually show up.

If anyone has any further problems please either post them in here or send me and instant message and I will try to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Have fun everyone!

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:09 am

With the tourney underway, entries are now closed. We are down from last year with only 61 entries, but it still should be a good contest. Good luck to everyone, and remember to keep checking back if you have a chance to win as I will notify all the winners as soon as the tourney is over.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:26 pm

Congrats to Hell's Bells who is at the very least guaranteed the consolation prize after a superb 30 of 32 effort in the first round!

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:17 pm

kmax wrote:Congrats to Hell's Bells who is at the very least guaranteed the consolation prize after a superb 30 of 32 effort in the first round!

This space for rent....

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:45 pm

The second round points posted as of now should be doubled. :wink:

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:28 am

GOKATS wrote:The second round points posted as of now should be doubled. :wink:
Umm, why? It is only two points per correct pick in the second round. Using Hells as an example, he had 30 first round correct for 30 points and 6 second round correct for 12 more and his total as shown on the standings page is 42. Am I missing something?

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:55 am

kmax wrote:
Umm, why? It is only two points per correct pick in the second round. Using Hells as an example, he had 30 first round correct for 30 points and 6 second round correct for 12 more and his total as shown on the standings page is 42. Am I missing something?
My bad. :oops:

I was looking at the games won and not total points.

Damn Vitamin R. :lol:

FTG!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:07 pm

GOKATS wrote:
kmax wrote:
My bad. :oops:

I was looking at the games won and not total points.

Damn Vitamin R. :lol:
Ahh, I see what you were talking about. Yeah, the individual round columns are number of picks correct, not number of points in that round. That is for tie-breaker purposes since the number correct in each successive round is the tiebreaker criteria.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:27 pm

well there goes my east and southern brackets! :kicksrock:
as well as 1/2 of my final four picks and championship game picks.

i hope to hell florida wins their sweet 16 game... :D

This space for rent....

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:57 pm

Hell's Bells wrote:well there goes my east and southern brackets! :kicksrock:

And that right there is why I like to have the consolation prize. Seems like every year somebody nails the first round picks and their bracket falls apart after that...not that I think your bracket is done or anything. ;)

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:09 pm

kmax wrote:
Hell's Bells wrote:well there goes my east and southern brackets! :kicksrock:

And that right there is why I like to have the consolation prize. Seems like every year somebody nails the first round picks and their bracket falls apart after that...not that I think your bracket is done or anything. ;)
theres always hope - if i can get 30 out of 32 first round points then there is hope for everybody

This space for rent....

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 pm

kmax wrote:Congrats to Hell's Bells who is at the very least guaranteed the consolation prize after a superb 30 of 32 effort in the first round!
Not looking like that now, eh? :P

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:42 am

grizzh8r wrote:
He still get's the consolation prize, even though he can't win the whole thing.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:02 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
and how good are u doin? :D

This space for rent....

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:49 am

Hell's Bells wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
HEY!! We weren't talking about me and my 3 5-12 upset specials! It was all about you! :twisted:

94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:13 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Hell's Bells wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
HEY!! We weren't talking about me and my 3 5-12 upset specials! It was all about you! :twisted:
i know - i am just courious - hows your pics doin? :D

**edit**

i selected 2 of 4 final 4 participants and my champion is still alive - ucla
fwiw i hate texas :D

This space for rent....

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:50 am

I selected 2 of 4 in the final four, but it was on the worse side of my bracket.

See Here

I really thought Kansas had a great team, but UCLA played good defense. My other pick was partly against Florida, and partly because I liked what I saw with Oregon's offensive efficency throughout the year.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm

grizzh8r wrote:I selected 2 of 4 in the final four, but it was on the worse side of my bracket.

See Here

I really thought Kansas had a great team, but UCLA played good defense. My other pick was partly against Florida, and partly because I liked what I saw with Oregon's offensive efficency throughout the year.
picking for kevin durant lead texas just killed me. i should have thought wiser and picked texas to be a second round exit based upon the fact that they were led by a frosh. the pick that also burnt me was against ohio state...i dont know why i picked against them

This space for rent....

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Congrats to lifeloyalsigmsu!! =D^ =D^ :thumbup:

Hell, I felt good about having both teams in the final and picking Florida.

FTG!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:59 am

Congrats to lifeloyalsigmsu and his amazing 131 out of a possible 148 total points to grab first place in the 2007 Bracket Challenge. lifeloyalsigmsu wins his choice of any one item from the BobcatNation store thanks to this.

In second place was ESGGCG, with an equally amazing perfect run from the sweet sixteen on of picking 15 of 15 games correctly and falling just a couple points short at 129. ESGGCG will receive his choice of a BobcatNation Mug or BobcatNation Stein from the store.

And last and made a valiant effort for least after a strong first round is Hell's Bells with the consolation prize for picking the most first games correctly with 30 of 32 correct...which he promptly followed up with a 35th place finish in the overall Bracket Challenge. ;) Nevertheless, Hell's gets his choice of a BobcatNation License Plate Frame or BobcatNation Sticker Pack.

Congratulations to all of the winners, I will be PM'ing and emailing you all with details on claiming your prizes. Also, thanks to everyone here at BobcatNation for again making this a fun contest to run, I can't wait to do it again next year!