New Forum

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

WYCAT
Member # Retired

New Forum

Post by WYCAT » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:18 am

What do you think about adding a gameday forum? I know a lot of us aren't able to attend as many games and listen to the broadcast via the internet. I enjoy the conversation with others listening as well but it really doesn't belong under the bobcat athletics forum.

I guess since BB usually joins in it ends up in the smack board eventually but I can see value in a forum for this specifically. Just a thought.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:39 am

Never really thought about it Wycat, though I don't really think the threads being in the Bobcat Athletics forum is really out of place. I am usually lucky enough to be at the games, but I do enjoy reading through them later. Maybe we should see what BAC and rtb think since they are not around Bozo and may actually take part in them a bit more. Thanks for the suggestion.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:05 pm

We could do a sticky thread each Saturday to collect all of the minute by minute thoughts and comments during the day of the game, and then release the thread back to the general list of threads after the game is over.

I agree with kmax -- we probably don't need a new board, but it would be nice to have one specific place where everybody would know to post the gameday chatter instead of ending up with several threads saying the same thing.

That being said, I will actually be at the game this week, but I could set the thread up on Friday before I take off for the evening. If I forget, anyone else can do it as well.

Thanks for the idea, WYCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:08 pm

Excellent idea BAC, now we know why you are on board here...the brains of the operation. Only the mods can set a thread to sticky, so you, I, or rtb will have to do it. I will check in Friday night or Saturday morning before I head up to the tailgates and if I don't see that you have done it I will set up a sticky thread for game posts.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Thanks guys - it was just a way I thought of to possibly not clutter up the usual board. I am jealous BAC that you got to see two in a row in Bozeman! Enjoy Saturday.

rtb

Not Available Saturday

Post by rtb » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:21 pm

I will not be able to set up the thread this weekend. I am in Eugene for work and writing this from my PDA. I get to experience a game at Autzen Stadium on Saturday. Hopefully I can get the score updates. GO CATS!

WYCAT
Member # Retired

Post by WYCAT » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:32 am

Thanks for setting this up guys. There were about 5 of us that were in and out all game long. We even kept updating back and forth with DaGriz on their game. It looked like GoCats72 didn't like a lot of it when he read it after the game but I thought it worked great.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:40 pm

Looks like it did work very well and it was great reading through all of it after the game. Very interesting to see others having the same feelings and frustrations as I was having watching the game. Watching it live almost killed me, don't think I could have handled having to listen to that!