Deleting posts

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Deleting posts

Post by SonomaCat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:08 am

As many of you have noticed and commented, we get a lot of posts on the Bobcat Athletics board that don't belong on there (they belong on the smack board, or on a kindergarten blackboard with a bad grade next to it).

Often, I will move these posts to the smack board, and I know the other moderators have done so in the past as well. Sometimes, though, the post has so little to do with anything and so little content that it is just easier to delete it.

The last thing that I personally want to do on this board is to spend a lot of time moving stuff around and deleting stupid posts, and I don't want to censor anything that even one person (outside of the author/paster) thinks has some real value to the board.

That being said, does anyone have any complaints about me deleting some of BearBAC's posts that he throws up that I personally feel are not appropriate for the Bobcat Athletics Board (due mostly to being smack, and poor quality smack at that)? Does anyone think this is overstepping my bounds, and would you prefer that I take a different approach?

I will note that I don't touch the posts on the smack board or any other board outside of the Bobcat Athletics board, except to sometimes move a thread to a more appropriate board or to clarify a thread subject line.

I want to make sure that anything I do is for the good of this board and its (sincere) users.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:00 pm

I couldn't care less if you banned him. :) So delete away, my friend.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:02 pm

By all means, continue to delete the (expletive deleted) out of that moron unless he posts on the smack board.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:13 pm

Delete away, my friend. Wouldn't bother me one bit if you deleted his access to the site while you are at it...

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:24 am

Must...resist...temptation...for...irony...by...deleting...post. :lol:

In rebuttal(look it up) I ask: If you don't have Cat Envy why do you spend more time on BobcatNation than egriz?

BearBAC @ BobcatNation:
-- Total Posts: 195
-- Posts Per Day: 0.93

Bear Axed @ egriz:
-- Total Posts: 563
-- Posts Per Day: 0.79

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:29 am

kmax wrote:Must...resist...temptation...for...irony...by...deleting...post. :lol:

In rebuttal(look it up) I ask: If you don't have Cat Envy why do you spend more time on BobcatNation than egriz?

BearBAC @ BobcatNation:
-- Total Posts: 195
-- Posts Per Day: 0.93

Bear Axed @ egriz:
-- Total Posts: 563
-- Posts Per Day: 0.79
I've also deleted about 50 of his posts on here, so that number is even higher in reality. Scary stuff.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:31 am

bearBAC wrote:I guess I'm one of the few Griz fans that act like many Kitty fans -

Names like -wbtfg , grizh8r , suckitgriz, grizsuck, grizsuck23, grizhater, poorgriz, Cats27griz20, beartrainer, peedintunnel, & HeHategriz.

These guys name themselves with Griz envy on their own BobbliekittensmallestNationinthe"STATE"board. More posts than not, on the kitten board are about the griz, even when bac trys to steer it other wise threw his "Mother Superior" methods of delete - edit- and move.

If you Don't have Griz Envy why do you spend more time on Egriz than kIttynAtion?
As usual, I have no idea what you are trying to say. As usual, I also don't care.

One funny thing, though, and this is almost embarrassing to me. With all of the talk of Cat Envy and Griz Envy, I think bearBAC has also managed to display a very real (and kinda scary) case of something even more obvious -- BAC envy! I mean, how many other guys would adopt such a suggestive handle simply to incorporate my acronym into it? I'm flattered, but it's time to let it all go.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.