Nation color schemes

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Nation color schemes

Post by Bcat » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:40 pm

You guys do a great job with this site, I am amazed. Take this next comment with a grain of salt, merely a suggestion.

I was recruiting some new cat fans and showing the nation site. They both love it and are hooked. Both commented that this did not look a cat site, the color scheme was not the current team colors. An thoughts on updating the frames?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:18 pm

First off, thanks for spreading the word about the site, we appreciate it!

To answer the question, I am currently awaiting the release of a new version of our board software and then will be doing a fairly large rework of the site to incorporate the new version. At that time, the colors will likely change a little as I have to get the new look and feel incorporated into the new board software.

As for the colors themselves, the dark blue that is used in the title bars is nearly the exact same as currently used on the Bobcat Athletics site. I will agree that the gold used on the board is a bit brighter than the current gold used by MSU. I remember having a reason for using that color when I did this 2 1/2 years ago, but I couldn't tell you now what it was if my life depended on it. That said (and please also take this return comment with a grain of salt) the color scheme doesn't seem that far off that I wouldn't think this was a Cat site. :shrug:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Bcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Bcat » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. Again, it was just a comment from a new perspective. As for me, I'm into the dialogue and updates, colors don't mean much to me, as long as isn't maroon!

Thanks for all you moderators do, outstanding site, outstanding management of the site!