Quick question

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Quick question

Post by GOKATS » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:56 pm

Just a quick question for the mod's. Last fall I took some pics during fall practice that were taken off the board at the request of someone in the athletic department, I had no problem with that.

My question is, if I can make to to a couple spring practices (if they ever get started) is it worth my time to snap a few pics for BN? I guess I could see some reasoning in not wanting to give anything away in the fall with the season approaching, but I personally see no harm in posting a few pics of spring camp. We're all getting excited and I think a few pics for those who can't make practice adds to the excitement.

Your thoughts gentlemen.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Quick question

Post by kmax » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:07 pm

GOKATS wrote:Just a quick question for the mod's. Last fall I took some pics during fall practice that were taken off the board at the request of someone in the athletic department, I had no problem with that.

My question is, if I can make to to a couple spring practices (if they ever get started) is it worth my time to snap a few pics for BN? I guess I could see some reasoning in not wanting to give anything away in the fall with the season approaching, but I personally see no harm in posting a few pics of spring camp. We're all getting excited and I think a few pics for those who can't make practice adds to the excitement.

Your thoughts gentlemen.
The reason we were given for the request to take down the fall camp photos was that MSU was not exchanging film with OSU and they didn't want any photos giving away sets, formations, etc. I can see no reason that if they permit you to actually take the pictures that we can't post them. Go for it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:54 pm

It's tough for me to even catch a practice and when I do it's usually for no more than 15-20 minutes, but I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I'm by no means a photographer. My photographic skills are on a par with my computer skills. I have never figured out how to post an image on this board which is extremely embarrassing because a particular member from the 'dark side' excels at it. Any pic I happened to snap that would be of help to an opponent would be purely accidental.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....