Updated Ticket Exchange Policy

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Updated Ticket Exchange Policy

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:19 pm

With the mostly good problem of an entirely sold out Bobcat Stadium even before the season starts, I feel it is time to update our method for working with ticket exchange requests here on the board. Previously we had asked for these threads to be on the Bobcat Connections board. This made sense 15+ years ago when we started this policy and those requests were pretty few and it helped keep things clean in the actual Football board. The last couple years of overflowing stadiums, playoff games and a national championship game have shown that this needs to be reworked.

So with that in mind, I am going to shift away from using the Bobcat Connections board for ticket exchange and have created a new Bobcat Football Ticket Exchange subforum under the existing Bobcat Football forum. You will see a link to this subforum in the description of the Bobcat Football forum on the main page as well as see it at the top of the Bobcat Football forum at all times. In this forum will be a single post for each Bobcat Football game. You will not be able to start new threads, but will be able to post in each of the threads. Feel free to use those posts to list tickets you may have available, request tickets or discuss things like away game charter options. Any posts asking for/offering tickets in other forums will get moved to the appropriate thread here. I will then lock each thread after the game has occurred. I will add game threads for playoff games as they are known as well.

I have posted the rules and our policy on using BobcatNation in that forum so you will see them prominently displayed but here they are as well as a reminder:
Tickets for sale and requests for tickets should be confined to this subforum and in the applicable game thread only. Trips such as charters to away games can also be offered/discussed in applicable game thread.

Tickets listed for sale must be sold only for face value plus any applicable fees and reasonable costs for delivery. Please use appropriate third party ticketing sites for all other transactions.

Please use DM's to finalize agreements and do not include personal contact information in your public posts on this forum. Information such as phone numbers, addresses, etc. posted here will be removed.

BobcatNation assumes no responsibility for any transactions between third parties. Please ensure you take appropriate precautions when sharing personal information and sending money or tickets to other individuals.
Due to the nature of this subforum, you will need to be logged into BobcatNation in order to view it, guests will not see it. If there are any questions or issues please let me know here or via DM.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Re: Updated Ticket Exchange Policy

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:24 pm

kmax wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:19 pm
With the mostly good problem of an entirely sold out Bobcat Stadium even before the season starts, I feel it is time to update our method for working with ticket exchange requests here on the board. Previously we had asked for these threads to be on the Bobcat Connections board. This made sense 15+ years ago when we started this policy and those requests were pretty few and it helped keep things clean in the actual Football board. The last couple years of overflowing stadiums, playoff games and a national championship game have shown that this needs to be reworked.

So with that in mind, I am going to shift away from using the Bobcat Connections board for ticket exchange and have created a new Bobcat Football Ticket Exchange subforum under the existing Bobcat Football forum. You will see a link to this subforum in the description of the Bobcat Football forum on the main page as well as see it at the top of the Bobcat Football forum at all times. In this forum will be a single post for each Bobcat Football game. You will not be able to start new threads, but will be able to post in each of the threads. Feel free to use those posts to list tickets you may have available, request tickets or discuss things like away game charter options. Any posts asking for/offering tickets in other forums will get moved to the appropriate thread here. I will then lock each thread after the game has occurred. I will add game threads for playoff games as they are known as well.

I have posted the rules and our policy on using BobcatNation in that forum so you will see them prominently displayed but here they are as well as a reminder:
Tickets for sale and requests for tickets should be confined to this subforum and in the applicable game thread only. Trips such as charters to away games can also be offered/discussed in applicable game thread.

Tickets listed for sale must be sold only for face value plus any applicable fees and reasonable costs for delivery. Please use appropriate third party ticketing sites for all other transactions.

Please use DM's to finalize agreements and do not include personal contact information in your public posts on this forum. Information such as phone numbers, addresses, etc. posted here will be removed.

BobcatNation assumes no responsibility for any transactions between third parties. Please ensure you take appropriate precautions when sharing personal information and sending money or tickets to other individuals.
Due to the nature of this subforum, you will need to be logged into BobcatNation in order to view it, guests will not see it. If there are any questions or issues please let me know here or via DM.
=D^

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:12 pm

We will have a couple tickets available for some of the home games this year but we have never sold/transferred tickets before. Can someone help me understand the process to transfer the tickets to a buyer? How do we get paid for the tickets by the buyer and how will we get the hanging parking pass to the buyer? Thanks for the help!

BobcatDel
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by BobcatDel » Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:25 pm

gocats77 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:12 pm
We will have a couple tickets available for some of the home games this year but we have never sold/transferred tickets before. Can someone help me understand the process to transfer the tickets to a buyer? How do we get paid for the tickets by the buyer and how will we get the hanging parking pass to the buyer? Thanks for the help!
I have done multiple ways that have all worked.

1) My first question is do you have an account with Montana State Tickets with Ticket West. If you do then just log in - go to My Account - then you will see several links one of which is “transfer tickets”. Hit that link and it will ask you which tickets you want to transfer so hit the box for those tickets and hit “Continue”. Then you just enter the name and Mobil phone number of the person you are sending to.

2) Also, I have just opened my tickets that I received on-line and have taken a screen shot and sent on to the person….or even forwarded a link so they could print out. It seemed to work well last year. No guarantees this year. More and more stadiums getting away from screen shots but I trust MSU still accepts.

3) If you have friends going you could have them drop off tickets at Will Call for the person to pickup.

4). Payment through Venmo or Apple Pay has worked just fine. But 80% has just been “trust” they will get me a check or cash through friends or USPS or they stop by tailgate and give one of our tailgate crew the funds. Maybe others have been “stiffed” but i haven’t so far.

5) Don't know how to get the hang tag this year. I haven’t got mine yet. In the past it was a different tag for each game so I was able to get to them physically. Or just let them pay for parking.

Just my experience so far.

gocats77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gocats77 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:16 pm

Thank you for the help & tips BobcatDel! I do have an account at MSU Tickets & TicketsWest so that should be easy!

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:29 pm

You can find tickets on SeatGeek by the way. It’s pretty cool that people can sell their tickets on trusted site now.

Punters are people too!!

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:22 pm

Playoff ticket exchange?

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:13 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:22 pm
Playoff ticket exchange?
Yeah, I will get one added here.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon