Adverts

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Adverts

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:20 pm

kmax wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:00 pm
Any chance you can elaborate on what “starting to pop up a lot worse” means? I have not changed anything since mid December so I don’t really think anything has changed.

As for a paid version, I appreciate the offer but I don’t really have an interest in going down the slippery slope of making this a paid site personally.
Yeah, there's a huge ad banner that pops up on the bottom of the screen every single time you go to a new page/post. It takes up about 15% of the screen.

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:20 pm
kmax wrote:
Any chance you can elaborate on what “starting to pop up a lot worse” means? I have not changed anything since mid December so I don’t really think anything has changed.

As for a paid version, I appreciate the offer but I don’t really have an interest in going down the slippery slope of making this a paid site personally.
Yeah, there's a huge ad banner that pops up on the bottom of the screen every single time you go to a new page/post. It takes up about 15% of the screen.
Thanks for the better idea of what you were talking about. To be clear though that ad has been on the site since around October or so, definitely not something new in the last few weeks.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 pm

kmax wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
kmax wrote:

Thanks for the better idea of what you were talking about. To be clear though that ad has been on the site since around October or so, definitely not something new in the last few weeks.
At least for me, there was a good while that it wasn’t popping up like it is right now. No worries, just wanted to share some feedback. Always appreciate everything you guys do running this site!

GO CATS GO!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:09 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:04 pm
kmax wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
kmax wrote:

At least for me, there was a good while that it wasn’t popping up like it is right now. No worries, just wanted to share some feedback. Always appreciate everything you guys do running this site!
It has seemed to be more frequent over the last couple weeks. Small "price" to pay I guess for participation in this community.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!