New format

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

New format

Post by mslacat » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:01 pm

The site is really looking good. Thanks alot for the three of you for all the work you continue to put into the site.

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:41 am

Since I screwed up yesterday and posted something that already had been posted previously, I was wondering if you could take a look at breaking out the sports?

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:43 am

Oops! I did it again, but at least I found it myself? I already have it answered per the thread a little lower on the page. Sorry.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 pm

grizhatr wrote:Since I screwed up yesterday and posted something that already had been posted previously, I was wondering if you could take a look at breaking out the sports?
Looking at our "Bobcat Athletics" board right now, nearly every thread is about football (one is marked "basketball recruiting," but that is the sole exception). Would having separate boards for the different sports have any impact on the posting right now?

I actually assume that the board will be nearly 100% football related through football season, then become more diverse into the winter and spring seasons. If anyone is interested in football-only subjects, I think they are in luck for the time being -- there won't be much else going on outside of an occasion volleyball thread, but those will be easily identifiable, I assume.

I've actually become really attached to the set-up of the boards as they now stand, especially as compared to things on eGriz. Our buckets of threads seem to work really well, and people don't feel compelled to post off-topic items in the more popular buckets just to get attention to them (basketball posts on football board so more than two people will see it, for instance). As the board's focus will shift with the seasons, I think we will see most of the same posters following the seasonal sports as they cycle through.

One note -- perhaps we could be more descriptive when we are setting up our subject lines on our new topic posts. Rather than a thread called "Question," for instance, we should title it something specific to the topic we are asking about, then use the secondary subject line to indicate that you have a question on the topic, or something along those lines. This will help people who are browsing and don't have the time or patience to go into every thread to find out what is in it.

I hope that helps....