Most recent?

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Most recent?

Post by velochat » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:53 am

Would it be possible to modify the format of the forums so it's easier to see the newest posts? Multi-page posts require a lot of navigation, and sometimes I don't notice that there's a 2nd or 3rd page. I'd kind of like to see the newest posts at the top. It's a great board, but sometimes I have to search to find the new stuff.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:59 am

Velo-

Not really as that is not the way this type of message board software works. It places everything in order of post to be more of a discussion thread. To get to the latest post in a thread that you have already read part of, just click the icon Image that appears next to the name of the last poster in the far right column. This will always take you to the last post in the topic and then if there are more than one you can backtrack from there. Hope that helps.

kmax

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:20 pm

Thanks, I'll try that.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:55 am

Okay, old post here but just found some functionality of the board that had been staring me in the face that does this for the most part. It will take a couple extra clicks, but if you want to view a topic with the posts starting at newest and going to oldest you can do the following:

-- Click the topic to open it
-- Scroll to the bottom of the topic, just above the "Post Reply" button at the lower left you should see a dropdown that says "Oldest First".
-- Click that dropdown and select "Newest First" then select the "Go" button just to the right of it.

This should refresh the topic with the Newest posts first. Unfortunately there is not a way that you can choose this be be your default method of viewing a post, so like I said it will take a couple extra clicks, but you can get it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon