Welcome to the new BobcatNation Homepage

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Welcome to the new BobcatNation Homepage

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 am

The first step in the next generation of BobcatNation is complete.  The homepage has been reworked to give us a solid frontend to handle new content both from us and all of the Bobcat Coverage from Colter.  I apologize for having to do this mid-season, but we are going with what we have been dealt and taking this great opportunity that we have in front of us.  Due to the fact that this process is a bit rushed, you will notice that we are starting with the "function" side and will try to work as quickly as possible into the "form" side of things.  

A few things of note.  The new frontend for the homepage will use your BobcatNation forum login.  The user syncing process is not perfect yet, you should be able to login, though it has on more than one occassion taken a couple times to actually get logged in on the frontpage.  If you have any problems, please let me know here.  The second known issue right now is that when initially logging in from the message board, it is not carrying that login across to the main page.  I will work on getting this fixed ASAP but for now you may need to log into both.

Again, thanks to everyone for being patient with us as we work through the little bit of chaos here. We hope that the end result will be worth it for all of you.  Please let us know if you have any problems with any of the changes that were made tonight or in the future.Read the Full Article on BobcatNation
Last edited by kmax on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Welcome to the new BobcatNation Homepage

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 am

It apparently doesn't like the kindle because it times out when trying to log in. Looks great though. Question for Colter, is there going go be any photos (art) with your articles? I think that would be a nice touch.

Edit: it works now
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Just a quick update on the issues that I mentioned with logging into the systems. The problem of logging in here and it not getting carried over to the other site appears to be an isolated issue that should not be affecting regular users. I have not heard of any issues from people getting onto the main site (other than a certain mod who will remain nameless ;) ) so hopefully things are going well. Please let me know if you have any issues.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 pm

kmax wrote:(other than a certain mod who will remain nameless ;) )
You're welcome for bailing you out! 8)

:oops:

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 am

Is there a reason it won't keep me logged in every time even though I check the box that says it will remember my login and password? Just wondering.

Punters are people too!!

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 pm

GoCats18 wrote:Is there a reason it won't keep me logged in every time even though I check the box that says it will remember my login and password? Just wondering.
I am having the same problem :x

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm

RMD wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:Is there a reason it won't keep me logged in every time even though I check the box that says it will remember my login and password? Just wondering.
I am having the same problem :x
I know guys, I am seeing it as well. My apologies and I'm working on it, please bear with me here. A lot has gone on in this site in the last week, stuff that I would have taken a month or more to test and implement I have done in under a week. This is one of the top things on my list to get figured out.