Board weirdness

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

Board weirdness

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:50 am

Hey everyone out there in BobcatNation land, just a quick note on the changes you may have noticed in the board overnight. In it's infinite wisdom, our web host decided to upgrade our version of the board software overnight. Unfortunately, their upgrade didn't include any of the custom modifications that I have made to this board. So, if you see anything a little odd on the board, or something just doesn't seem to be working, please shoot me a pm or an email to let me know so that I can get things back to normal. Things that would be seen during day-to-day usage of the board that I am already aware of are:

* The topic sub-subject no longer shows up anywhere.
* The posters name is no longer a link to their profile.
* Some of the colors for usernames, links, etc. are no longer the same.

Thankfully, it doesn't appear that too much outward stuff is messed up. There are some other behind the scenes things that I have to redo, but hopefully they won't affect the day to day workings of the board too much.

Thanks everyone and sorry for any problems this may have caused.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:41 am

Okay, countdown is back and will shortly be updated to properly reflect the evening start time rather than the afternoon start I was hoping for when I originally set it up. Also usernames in posts are once again clickable to view the users profile. The stuff with the post subtitles will take a bit more still.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon