The Volleyball Photo on the Front Page

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

The Volleyball Photo on the Front Page

Post by PapaG » Sat May 15, 2004 11:41 pm

I have to say this once and once only. I've had three different MSU alums/boosters visit this page, and the first thing they asked was why the first thing they saw on the landing page was an unknown volleyball player's photo.

None decided to visit this great site after the intial visit.

What's wrong with playing to the core audience? How about a Joey Thomas shot on the start-up page?

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Sun May 16, 2004 10:09 am

Papa,
Look at the bottom of the startup page - it's Joey.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun May 16, 2004 10:51 am

I would think if they are true MSU fans/alumni they would visit this site no matter what was displayed on the front page of the startup. Have them set their startup page to the message board if they don't like the pictures that come up. Its the content on this board that I think makes it a good site .. not the pictures. They should be HAPPY that someone actually took the time and effort to start an MSU message board site. I know I appreciate all the hard work and effort that have gone into producing an awesome Bobcat message board. Keep in mind this site is still in progress.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun May 16, 2004 11:10 am

I would think if they are true MSU fans/alumni they would visit this site no matter what was displayed on the front page of the startup. Have them set their startup page to the message board if they don't like the pictures that come up. Its the content on this board that I think makes it a good site .. not the pictures. They should be HAPPY that someone actually took the time and effort to start an MSU message board site. I know I appreciate all the hard work and effort that have gone into producing an awesome Bobcat message board. Keep in mind this site is still in progress.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Sun May 16, 2004 11:25 am

What is wrong with Stephanie Laya? She was a great volleyball player for MSU, and she is a super sweet girl. I taught her anatomy lab when she was a freshman, and she is a very bright, hard-working young woman. I think she is a credit to Montana State, and I hope we continue to turn out such fine people.

..... it might not hurt "attendence" to put a big picture of Kamber Kelly up there, though! :wink:

GO CATS GO!!!

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:33 pm

I just wish someone would teach CARDIAC_CATS how not to double post.

I just wish someone would teach CARDIAC_CATS how not to double post.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon May 17, 2004 4:04 pm

I just do that to annoy you Jaeger! Welcome to Bobcat Nation. Stay a while!

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 17, 2004 4:11 pm

THIS HAS TO BE A CLEAR SIGN OF A SLOW NEWS DAY!!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Mon May 17, 2004 4:53 pm

BozoneCat wrote:..... it might not hurt "attendence" to put a big picture of Kamber Kelly up there, though! :wink:
Finally, something we Griz fans and you Cat fans can agree with.

All in favor of a picture of Kamber Kelly on the front say "Aye"!

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon May 17, 2004 5:27 pm

Papa G: While your points are certainly well-taken, and when updates are made to the home page, I am sure it will continue to evolve and grow into something that will virtually force people to want to explore it further, I am a little puzzled as to why any booster would take the time to go to the home page, see a picture of a volleyball player as one of the two pictures on the page, and run away without actually looking around. They must have even shorter attention spans than I do, and that's pretty short.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Tue May 18, 2004 4:47 pm

This is indeed of no importance, and I like the Laya shot, but it would be nice to see a photo of the football stadium's pretty side, without snow, rather than the corrugated steel side on a frigid looking day. No complaints about the board in general.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Wed May 19, 2004 11:46 am

I moved this over to this board -- it's not smack at all and actually contains some good constructive comments. Keeping these all in one place will make it easier for us to keep track of them when we update the website in the coming months.

CatfaninGA
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Good lord!

Post by CatfaninGA » Thu May 20, 2004 4:48 pm

What the hell am I doing living down South? Might be time to move back to Bozeman!

You didn't tell me she had a sister also!

Last edited by CatfaninGA on Thu May 20, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.