Twitter Feeds?

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Twitter Feeds?

Post by wbtfg » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 am

I like the news feed on the updated front page. I'm wondering if it's possible to incude twitter feeds from Will, Athletic Dept. Mslacat...etc?

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Twitter Feeds?

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:39 am

I actually had these on there originally and then decided to take them off. The problem is that with the setup I am using I don't have a good way of limiting the number of items in the feed from any one source so the twitter updates basically took over and pushed out the regular news items almost immediately...especially on days like today when Will is tweeting from practice regularly. If I can find a different aggregater that will give me everything this one does and also then allows me to limit the amount of items from the twitter source then I might add it back in but until then I would rather have the actual newstories not get pushed out.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am

On that note however, from the BobcatNation twitter I have created a list which I was using for that feed that included all accounts that I felt were primarily focused on Bobcat Athletics and/or news only in their tweets. You can follow that list for yourself at http://twitter.com/TheBobcatNation/bn-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:42 pm

A compromise. Seperate twitter feed now added to the home page as well. Enjoy!