A new homepage? Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kmax
Site Admin

A new homepage? Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Grizzly Adams DID have a beard! And yes we do have a new homepage! Click here to check it out.

It's nothing too fancy for now but we have more updates planned and hope to bring them along at a quicker rate but for now we hope you enjoy the new page.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Re: A new homepage? Yeah right, and Grizzly Adams had a beard.

Post by CPACAT » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Looks great. Has it really been two years?

IYAACYAS

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:01 pm

I was thinking about this the other day actually. I'm glad my positive thinking got something done!

Currently I'm thinking about Danica Patrick. [-o<

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

remember the SCOOP!
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by remember the SCOOP! » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Looking Good!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm

CelticCat wrote:I was thinking about this the other day actually. I'm glad my positive thinking got something done!

Currently I'm thinking about Danica Patrick. [-o<
If only you had a sweet van

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Looks good guys - thanks for the update, and keep up the good work! 8)

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:19 am

Am I the only one that has issues with the front page on my droid?

rtb

Post by rtb » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:36 am

SACCAT wrote:Am I the only one that has issues with the front page on my droid?
What is the problem? Is it that the countdown to kickoff doesn't display? Or is it more then that?

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:37 am

I won't say that yes you are the only one but I will say that I have no problem with it on my Droid Incredible. It was actually one of my test platforms before I took it live. If you can tell me what type of problems you are having I can try to either fix them or help you out.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:39 am

Yes, as rtb touched on for anyone not yet up to a Froyo build with Flash installed (or an HTC device on 2.1 with Flash Lite) you will not see the countdown clock. All other items should work just fine. Also note that you will have to have javascript enabled for most of the page to work.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:20 pm

kmax wrote:I won't say that yes you are the only one but I will say that I have no problem with it on my Droid Incredible. It was actually one of my test platforms before I took it live. If you can tell me what type of problems you are having I can try to either fix them or help you out.
It seems every time I go to the forum button, the drop down comes up, and when I click on football or any of the other tabs, it clicks the whole page and takes me back to the front page.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:31 pm

SACCAT wrote:
kmax wrote:I won't say that yes you are the only one but I will say that I have no problem with it on my Droid Incredible. It was actually one of my test platforms before I took it live. If you can tell me what type of problems you are having I can try to either fix them or help you out.
It seems every time I go to the forum button, the drop down comes up, and when I click on football or any of the other tabs, it clicks the whole page and takes me back to the front page.
I do not see that issue on mine. The menus are fully functional for me, as I said I used my Incredible as one of my test platforms to ensure it worked for mobile as well. What Android phone are you using and do you know what version of Android you are currently running? Maybe someone else with the same hardware and os version could test it out to see if this is a problem for them as well. I'm sorry it isn't working for you, hopefully we can get it figured out.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:26 am

SACCAT wrote:
I bypassed that problem with my blackberry by typing in the url for the index page and not going to the homepage. You could try that unless there is something on the homepage you wanted...

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:53 am

LTown Cat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
I bypassed that problem with my blackberry by typing in the url for the index page and not going to the homepage. You could try that unless there is something on the homepage you wanted...
On a blackberry you saw the issue as well? This was with selecting an item from the drop down menu? Interesting, although blackberry browsers are the worst of any mobile browsers so not especially surprised to hear that it is failing. Much more so with the Droid.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:02 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
On a blackberry you saw the issue as well? This was with selecting an item from the drop down menu? Interesting, although blackberry browsers are the worst of any mobile browsers so not especially surprised to hear that it is failing. Much more so with the Droid.
Can't say I actually ever attempted it. But I constantly have problems with the pull down menu on MSU's athletic website so I just bypass them if possible.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:03 am

So I just tried it and sure enough it doesn't work. If I try to click on "Forums" it send me to the top of the page instead of bringing up the drop down menu--no surprise.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

LTown Cat wrote:So I just tried it and sure enough it doesn't work. If I try to click on "Forums" it send me to the top of the page instead of bringing up the drop down menu--no surprise.
Ok, I am going to likely chalk that one up to the sad blackberry browser and it's inability to handle css properly. Hoping the new OS 6 gets out to some of these blackberries soon with the new browser, should make a world of difference in web browsing experience for BB users.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:So I just tried it and sure enough it doesn't work. If I try to click on "Forums" it send me to the top of the page instead of bringing up the drop down menu--no surprise.
Ok, I am going to likely chalk that one up to the sad blackberry browser and it's inability to handle css properly. Hoping the new OS 6 gets out to some of these blackberries soon with the new browser, should make a world of difference in web browsing experience for BB users.
Actually I'm just buying time. AT&T bought Alltel so I want an iphone soon! =D^

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:41 am

LTown Cat wrote:
kmax wrote:
At risk of starting a holy war.....

Don't sell your soul ;) Android > Iphone

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 pm

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
kmax wrote:
At risk of starting a holy war.....

Don't sell your soul ;) Android > Iphone
uh do they just sell phones anymore or is everything have to be so fancy?? :?