Embedded YouTube videos

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Embedded YouTube videos

Post by GrizinWashington » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Mods, is it possible to add the feature to embed YouTube videos directly into a post? It's much cleaner than making people click on a link.

Thanks!

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Embedded YouTube videos

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:14 pm

You mean like this:

I already can. :D

As to whether we want to see the junk you all might decide to embed around here or not we'll have to think on that one. :-k We do have to keep this place semi-family friendly after all. ;)

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Hey now.....

You want those movies you'll have to pay for them yourself!! :lol: :wink:

Okay, so how did you do that? Most sites have a button for videos. Forgive me for being old and a tech moron.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:52 pm

As I said, I (and BAC and rtb) have access to do it, all others don't right now as I have that permission disabled for you all so you aren't missing it. I'll talk with BAC and rtb and see if we want to turn it on for everyone.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Grazie KMAX!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 am

Alright, youtube option added for all of you to use. Start with that and if there are other sites and we don't have any problems with youtube videos and having to moderate too much we will consider adding others.

Just click the "youtube" button when posting and in between the tags paste the url that you copy from the info box to the right of a youtube video that you are viewing (don't just copy the url from your browser as it may not work).

[youtube][/youtube]

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 am

Oh and we can take the permission away from individual users, so if you do annoying stuff and try to Rick Roll threads you'll lose your video posting ability quickly!

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image