Still having trouble...

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Still having trouble...

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:41 pm

... with logging onto the site from public computers. On my laptop, I just use the "log me in everytime" feature, no problems there. However, I have to log in twice to be "officially" logged in when I do it from public computers, such as on campus.

I know this was mentioned a while back when the board was still new, and I assume it isn't a problem for most posters because they use the same computers every day. It is kind of annoying, though. Other than this, the site is running smoothly and better every day!

GO CATS GO!!!

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Still having trouble...

Post by kmax » Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:54 pm

BozoneCat wrote:... with logging onto the site from public computers. On my laptop, I just use the "log me in everytime" feature, no problems there. However, I have to log in twice to be "officially" logged in when I do it from public computers, such as on campus.

I know this was mentioned a while back when the board was still new, and I assume it isn't a problem for most posters because they use the same computers every day. It is kind of annoying, though. Other than this, the site is running smoothly and better every day!
I seem to recall some mention of this awhile back, but I have never personally seen this before so it is hard for me to troubleshoot. My initial thought was that maybe the public computers were blocking the cookie which was causing a problem, but I tested that on my machine by deleting the cookies and then blocking them and was able to log in just fine. Any further info you could give, or if anyone else is seeing the same problem and can shed new light on it I would appreciate it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon