Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:35 pm

Would it be possible to have larger avatars?

kmax
Site Admin

Re: Avatars

Post by kmax » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:46 pm

wbtfg wrote:Would it be possible to have larger avatars?
At this time, I would have to say no. That is one of my pet peeves when reading message boards, if they allow larger avatars it really cuts down on the read-ability of the forum. Why is it that you want larger avatars?

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:51 pm

kmax wrote:
At this time, I would have to say no. That is one of my pet peeves when reading message boards, if they allow larger avatars it really cuts down on the read-ability of the forum. Why is it that you want larger avatars?
Look at his wonderfully smiling face on his Avatar Now! He just wants to be able to share his good looks better with the rest of us!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:06 pm

mslacat wrote:
kmax wrote:
Look at his wonderfully smiling face on his Avatar Now! He just wants to be able to share his good looks better with the rest of us!
And there is the other reason. The thought of looking at a huge picture of WhiteMeat with everyone of his posts is a bit scary. :wink:

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:45 pm

kmax wrote:
mslacat wrote:
kmax wrote:
And there is the other reason. The thought of looking at a huge picture of WhiteMeat with everyone of his posts is a bit scary. :wink:
Whoa...look at the size of that! They'll never get that on the album cover. :)

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SenorWeezer
BobcatNation Team Captain

larger avatars

Post by SenorWeezer » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 pm

Hey! I am trying to download an avatar but I get an error message that it is too large however, I have looked at a few that are existing on the site already and those files are larger than the one I am trying to download. Just curious, 'cause I have a VERY cool bobcat picture that I want to have with my posts!

kmax
Site Admin

Re: larger avatars

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:44 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:Hey! I am trying to download an avatar but I get an error message that it is too large however, I have looked at a few that are existing on the site already and those files are larger than the one I am trying to download. Just curious, 'cause I have a VERY cool bobcat picture that I want to have with my posts!
There is also a file size limit as well, perhaps this is what you are running into. The current avatar limits are max 80 pixel X 80 pixel and max 6 Kb.

SenorWeezer
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by SenorWeezer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:37 pm

Ahhhh, that is the issue. My download is 60x76 pixels, but 3626 bytes. Bummer.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: avatar...contiued!

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:43 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:Ahhhh, that is the issue. My download is 60x76 pixels, but 3626 bytes. Bummer.
Use an image resizer and decrease the quality a little bit.

I use http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html for all my resizing needs. ;)

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kmax
Site Admin

Re: avatar...contiued!

Post by kmax » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:55 pm

SenorWeezer wrote:Ahhhh, that is the issue. My download is 60x76 pixels, but 3626 bytes. Bummer.
3626 bytes is under 6Kb. By the stats you list there shouldn't be a problem. Shoot me an email with the avatar you want to use and I will try it to see if I can determine the problem.