Topic sorting

Give us your thoughts on bobcatnation.com and look here for announcements from the staff.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Topic sorting

Post by Domako » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:02 pm

How come the topics are not sorted by the "last post" date and time like most message boards? I noticed this
when I was looking in the football group and posting about the scrimmage was way down the list even though
the date/time of the last post was most recent.

Tom

Tom Domako

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Re: Topic sorting

Post by CapitalCityCat » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 pm

You might need to edit your Display Settings. Open up your User Control Panel, select Board Preferences, click on Edit Display Options... halfway down the page you'll see "Display topics ordering by:".... change this setting to Post Time and see if that works.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

Domako
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Domako » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:31 pm

I see now, it was sorting correctly, but groups them by the icon on the left first and then by the last post date-time.

Thanks

Tom Domako

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 pm

It's not so much the icon on the left as it is that all announcements and "sticky" topics are on top even if they don't have the most recent post. Announcements and sticky posts have their own icons as you mentioned to differentiate them. See http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/vi ... =7&t=14910" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for an explanation of what the different icons stand for.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon